• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for Naches in August?

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I originally planned to head down to the Rubicon in August, but that's not in the cards for this year. So I figure another trip up to Naches would be a good trip.

Would anyone be interested in a trip around the weekends of the 15th or 22nd of August. I'm flexible on dates, but need some time to get the Jeep back up to 100%.

Some other options would be central Oregon, or Liberty. Either way I'm looking to day a three or four day trip somewhere in August.

I am interested in fair weather wheeling!

I'd be down to show up saturday night, and wheel till monday.

~Scott

I too may be in. Ideally we would need someone who knows their way around. As in, we all know how to get to the rocks, but we need someone who can guide on trails such as Kaner, Shoestring, etc.

-Lyle

I too may be in. Ideally we would need someone who knows their way around. As in, we all know how to get to the rocks, but we need someone who can guide on trails such as Kaner, Shoestring, etc.

-Lyle
With that in mind, Is they're a map system of the whole Naches area? and by that i mean, a map with "Trails" listed?

-Lyle

Lyle, Were you driving blind folded? You have been on all of these trails listed above ;) Dustin can help you to double check your nav skills.

Yes, there are plenty of maps available, but that doesn't mean that you should try it without a knowledgeable person in the group. Search under my posts for NW Fest, I posted all of the details of where and how to get maps of the area.

Michael

IMG_2327.jpg

i was up there last weekend. will be there again this weekend. probably be there in August

So if this goes down what would be the days? Like Sat-tues, or thurs-sun, etc?
Like I said I can do Sat night-monday, and to go on a Saturday I'd have to ask it off in advance.

Lets throw a set date up... :thumbup:

~Scott

I know how to get to a few of the trails listed. There isnt a whole hell of alot, but there are good ones.

Eli,
What do you mean by "There isnt a whole hell of alot"?

Can you think of anywhere else in the state or the NW that has half of the trails that are at Naches area? There are way more than you could do in a weekend!

Michael

Eli,
What do you mean by "There isnt a whole hell of alot"?

Can you think of anywhere else in the state or the NW that has half of the trails that are at Naches area? There are way more than you could do in a weekend!

Michael

Yeah they have alot of trails, but most of the trails are runable in 2lo. This isn't very fun for me, I love the rocks though.

-Alex

I'm pretty flexible on when this will take place. Whatever the works for the majority. Personally, I would like to make this a four day event (drive, wheel, wheel, drive). Either the weekend of the 15th or 22nd is what I had in mind.

Lyle, Were you driving blind folded? You have been on all of these trails listed above ;) Dustin can help you to double check your nav skills.

Michael

No blind fold, I was just sitting back letting the people up front (you and Matt W.) do the navigation while I concentrated on what was around me. I didn't get confused until we started running service roads to get to the next trail though. I'm sure that a couple of us with a map could do it, and it's definately worth a try.

I do agree with Alex though. Alot of it was 2low type of stuff, but the first few trails we ran were alot of fun. After hitting the large rock garden area at the top (I can't recall the trail name...), the wheeling seemed to get easier. But, the experience is definately worth it to take those trails around the back of the mountain. I was totally caught off gaurd when we came around the corner and were at the base of the Funny Rocks. :laugh:

I think one day of running up to the top via Kaner etc., and one day at the rocks would be perfect.

-Lyle

Sounds great. I'd like to go and will plan for it, but I just need a set date so I can secure the time off at work.
:party:

Naysayers be damned...you guys can just grab a map and get it done yourselves. Take your essentials for you and your vehicle and don't go alone. You'll be fine. :rolleyes:

Yeah they have alot of trails, but most of the trails are runable in 2lo. This isn't very fun for me, I love the rocks though.

-Alex

This is what I was getting at Michael.

'Forest Service road' trails are not fun to me.

And, before they closed most of it down, Reiter had alot of trails. Most all were actually challenging/had challenging spots.

Back