• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running these axle seals?

evilpresence

NAXJA Member #983
My D30 is leaking. Should I put these in while I'm replacing the main seals since the axle will be torn apart?

seal1.jpg

Personally I'm thinking yes, just wanted to hear the families opinion.

I wonder how hard it would be to make those on a lathe....

A friend of mine runs em on his TJ. Hasn't had a leak since he installed them and his 30 always leaked even days after changing the origional seals.

I have 'em, make certain that you keep 'em pumped up or they can pass water, personal experience

a freind of mine runs them and he has no issues with them... and they really arent to keep oil in.. its to keep debris out of the tubes....

mike

forgiven said:
I have 'em, make certain that you keep 'em pumped up or they can pass water, personal experience

Hadn't thought of that, good plan.

sidriptide said:
a freind of mine runs them and he has no issues with them... and they really arent to keep oil in.. its to keep debris out of the tubes....

mike

Yes, I know. The inner seals are to keep the oil in and these are to keep water and other debris as you said out. Good post though for others who don't know anything about these.

yea good point, but it's all the crap that gets in that causes the oil to leak out.

Back