• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running the newer RockKrawler LCA? How's the NVH?

stoneattic

NAXJA Forum User
I guess the subject says it all:

Anyone running the newer RockKrawler LCA? How's the NVH?

I have a pair of their really old ones with the krawler joints on both ends. They have held up great, but the XJ is seeing more highway time and I'm hoping to make it more pleasant to drive. The newer ones (as well as pretty much every other manufacturer) has a rubber or as RockKrawler has a "poly blend" bushing on one end. I'm hoping that would help the NVH.

FWIW, I'm at 5.5 with drop brackets.

Anyone with first hand experience? The "poly blend" versus rubber worries me.

I'm in the same boat. I have the Gen2 long-arm kit with the helm joints. I'm looking at options to place a bushing on at least one end of the control arms.

Eith run there new stuff or find out the threads and run somthing like a johnny joint

Eith run there new stuff or find out the threads and run somthing like a johnny joint

I don't think the NVH would be much, if at all any, better with the JJ than the krawler joint. They are similar designs. The JJ has "high density, "tough 88" urethane" and the Krawler has a " poly graphite blend" for races. Neither one tells me anything really since the "tough 88" seems to be a Currie thing and "poly" in the Krawler description likely means poly(urethene).

I have both (JJ on trackbar) and the JJ MAY BE slightly softer, but nowhere as soft as a rubber bushing. The Krawler Flex Joint, which is their soft bushing rod end has a "poly blend", which again, doesn't tell me much. Is it regular polyurethane that is much stiff than rubber and can be squeaky? That's why I was asking for first hand experience.

I know everyone here loves the JJ, but I actually like the Krawler joint better than the JJ. I've never had a problem with either, but I like the fact you can adjust the preload easily on the Krawler joint.

Back