• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone run a lock rite on their D30 only?

YETI said:
I know that the chances of busting a 8.8 carrier are slim but for my own piece of mind would like to upgrade to a full Detroit.

Again, is there a 'Partial Detroit'?
Curious in Milwaukee.

99greenjeeper said:
Boise.....sweet video!

So I think I'll go with the lock rite up front for now. I always see "STARTING AT $189" in most ads for the D30 lockrite but what does everyone here pay? Any suggestions?
thanks,
Dave
I think you'd be way more capable putting that in the back, if your going to spend the money...

bgcntry72 said:
Again, is there a 'Partial Detroit'?
Curious in Milwaukee.
Ya, it's missing some parts...
Duh.

--ron

i could not have said it better...hahaha:laugh3:
ECKSJAY said:
...or what the hell is up with bumping a grandma thread?

xjj33p3r said:
Made a world of difference.

Same here.

Factory ThrashLock in the D35.
Not sure what I'll put in the 8.8.

ECKSJAY said:
...or what the hell is up with bumping a grandma thread?

I was like WTF! was I drunk when I posted? cause I sure dont remember!!! Then I looked at the date on my post.......that explained it all.

I have a lock rite in my Dana 30 & 35. I can’t tell you which one does better, but together they are awesome. They have gotten me into a lot of places that I had no business being. :laugh3: If you have a non-disconnect axle you will notice it slightly on the road, even in 2 WD. Its not bad at all, but it dose make some noise when you are turning sharp at slow speeds (like in a parking lot). It also has a tendancy to torque steer if you stomp on the gas. Four Hi in the slow/ice gets a little interesting. With all four tires turning it wants to go in a straight line which is good, unless you are trying to turn. :doh: Generally, I don’t bother putting it in 4 WD unless we have more than 3 or 4” of snow. About $270 for new ones seems to be the going price; you can pick up used ones for less than half that price.

Back