• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone near Mobile, Alabama?

Kudzu said:
No firing or Flaming...I will just give you a little background on why I say can't afford it right now...Have made trips to Indiana, and PA spent a week in Tellico and leaving Oct3 for Moab and be back onthe 13th...Kevin and I have also been the ones doing the majority of the work on the Give-Away XJ and just put new lift and tires on our rig...

SO maybe next year I can play like I have in the past...riding somewhere every month....I would like to get a 4x4 show together in Gadsden early next year..any of you guys up to helping out with that...
Hey Heather,
I figured, you being the Chapter Prez....you were not who that was aimed at! and I am WAY jealous of your trip to Moab....was there in '96, and have been trying to get back ever since! But it's a pretty looong drive from here!
I think a truck show would be great! How far is it to Gadsden from Tuscaloosa??? You think maybe Bham would be more central?? Let me know what I can do to help! [email protected] I may not have a truck by early next year, but I'm up for it.
Keep up the good work!:D

Should only be about a 40 to 45 min drive from Tuscaloosa...if that all interestate...I know it takes me an 1 1/2 to get to the Crackerbarrel in Gardendale and I live about 35 min above Gadsden......

No worries I know what you meant above....

I have a event pallner on the Chapter BOD but he has been slackin lately since the moakority that have been riding are headin West and a couple had some damage from Tellico that need to be fixed...

Next year I have plans for the chapter to grow and hopefully things will work out...with a few shows here and there and monthly rides along with maybe a Best of the East tour next summer....

Who knows what we will be doing....

Kudzu said:
Should only be about a 40 to 45 min drive from Tuscaloosa...if that all interestate...I know it takes me an 1 1/2 to get to the Crackerbarrel in Gardendale and I live about 35 min above Gadsden......

Next year I have plans for the chapter to grow and hopefully things will work out...with a few shows here and there and monthly rides along with maybe a Best of the East tour next summer....

Who knows what we will be doing....

I'm not sure about the 40-45min....we're 60min from Bham, and more to Gardendale. I thought Gadsden was well past Bham?
Anyway, I've driven further for Auto related entertainment. Ya gotta git what ya can! We actually went to Atlanta for a road rally last summer.
I'm lookin forward to getting into the XJ thing. I've done lots of research, and learned a ton from these boards. Hopefully early next year to spring time, I'll be getting serious about buying an XJ. I've got a pretty good plan of attack. Now I just need a truck to get started on!
How do you like those 34x10.50's? I ran 32x10.50 radial swampers on my Samurai. I thought that was a nearly perfect size for that truck because it was so light. How do the 10.50's work on a heavier truck?? Don't these things weigh nearly 4k??
Thanks,

Okay so I don'y know how far it is...Last time I was in Tuscaloosa was senior year about 12 years ago...Damn telling my age here...LOL

Well we have 32x 9.50 and loved them got a great deal on the 34 and went for it...Love them...We did Rock garden 2 with them in May with Scott at Dixie Dozens and then Tellico...Well see how they are in Moab...Not a fan of trimming the fenders so I like the smaller tires...

First of all I would like to say that it is around 2 hour drive from Tuscaloosa to Gadsden (depending on traffic) and it is all interstate. I live in Gadsden but am going to school at UA right now so I make this trip quite often. Now on the subject of becoming more involved and stuff like that. I would dish out $50 any day to go ride somewhere but...but I am a typical college student with very little money and no job currently and neither of my parents support anything that involves taking my XJ of the pavement BUT hopefully in the future I will have a job and can actually participate in more events. Lastly, Kudzu, I am intrested in getting anything set up so if you need any assistance my email is [email protected] or you can find me on here.

Daniel

OKAY, just because last year I took out the trans in the burban coming back does not mean.. I fly...Oh wait I do...he he....

I will keep up with this and start anohter thread when I get home from Moab maybe we could have 2 shows and get more people involved...I am pretty sure we will have another one in Atalanta area this years was very sucessful...

Heather

ChuckstrPT said:
That was a very big reason why I am persuing an XJ as my next 4wheeler.
Now, this was not meant to Piss anyone off.....just to encourage you guys to get organized, get involved, and support the sport in any way that you can:D
Scott is a good guy....ask him about the time my Samurai was pulled out of the woods on the end of his tow strap!:(
Fire away................. :eek:

Hey,

I live in T'town and Birmingham. I go to school in B'ham, but live five days out of the week in Tuscaloosa down hwy 69 across from Shelton State. I have been registered on CAOS since the website started, under XJMAN and once my Jeep gets bigger I will join. Anyways I have a 2000 XJ and I am about to lift it (again) RE 3.5" and 31s. I was wondering where CAOS goes to wheel, will I be ok for the most part with 31s? (If not I may save longer and go 33s) I have/ will have bumpers and skids and tow points. If you need help with info or anything else regarding XJs just let me know. Also if you ever need a ride in an XJ you got an open offer for wheelin or whatever, especially since I drive to B'ham twice a week. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want to talk more.

Thanks, Zach

Last edited:
Hey Folks,

Sorry to but in, My Mom lives in the Gadsden area actually Attalla off of Hwy 11 going towards Collinsville. My brother and I are members of the SoCal Chapter and SOCALXJ.com. We are trying to plan a trip out that way sometime hopefully in the near future, but it is kind of long drive from Los Angeles. Anyway I figured there would be lots of places to wheel out that way?!? Anyway we (my brother & I went to high school in Hokes Bluff a good few years back), And use to go mud riding out in Ball Play... But I have since grown up and realized how much mud really sucks! Only fun in moderation!!!

Scott Suyeto
NAXJA Member #631
SoCal Chapter

Back