• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know where I can get a stretching snatch rope ?

BEVAN

NAXJA Forum User
A buddy of mine used one of these (who works for an off-road recovery/towing company) it was about 10-20 feet long and when he pulled on another friend (Who was stuck bad) it stretched out and extracted him with ease...when I asked the owner of the strap where he got it from he replied "my boss gave it to me, I dont know where he got it".

It was white with loop ends and looked to be made of braided nylon.

I cant find any listing for them anywhere,I searched and found a post from 03 that diddnt help much,I think they called it a Stretch-N-Snap.

Anyone know where I can get one ???

Well you could go to any 4wd shop a pick up a snatch strap of decent size for about 40 bucks but they break and wear out over time. If you happened to know anybody that works for the electric company they can be a very good source for a serious bungee strap that I happen to have. My friends have gotten themselves into some very sticky situations and I have had to bend two d-ring hitches with it in order to get them out but it hasnt failed me yet

winfieldxj said:
that rope material that you are talking about was what it was made of and it was about 2-3 inches around

Yup 3-4 inches actually,It looked like nylon or lots of fishing line woven and braided together.

The only place I could get a hold of it was from my ex girlfriends dad who was a lineman for the electric company and they used it so the bulldozer could pull the 1 tons through the woods to put up power lines

I gave my Dad an Explorer Pro Comp 3" x 30' strap I got through http://www.summitracing.com. He's gotten spoiled by it now.

A year ago, a fully loaded logging truck got stuck coming out of the woods. With that strap, he took a running 10' start with a 95hp 4wd field tractor, and popped the logging truck right out. Strap even recoiled back to it's original length.

I suspect that something like that would be strong enough for ya.

Rev got it. I've still got a short 1.25" and a 20' 2.25".

Masterpull is pretty expensive.
http://www.masterpull.com/results.cfm?catid=360

They used to be about the same price as the flat straps and I liked them better. They don't store as easy though.

Look in the yellow pages for a rigging shop. They should have access to the rope and can weave the ends. Last time I checked (a while ago) it was about $2.00/ft for 1.25".

Holy cow... those ropes are expensive as chit!

I got my tow strap at WalMart IIRC, about $35 for a 20ft, but that was a few yrs ago... Been used many times, and is still holding up!

Just dont get one with metal hooks... :)

Thats it revdan. That rope was awsome. It streched like 10 feet then recoiled pulling the truck right out. Never seen anything like it. Me and bevan were like holy crap. It deff. not a regular tow strap. I got it on vid if anyone knows where i can host it.

super yankers and stretchy snatches eh?

anyway, ive only seen them sold locally, and he doesnt have them any more, they were about $80 though

Back