• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know anything on 91 s-10 blazer? 4x4 prob

1998xjspt

NAXJA Forum User
a good friend of mines fuse started to blow every time he put it in 4x4. the fuse that lets the headlights work or something like that. but every time he puts it in 4x4 it blows out. don't know why and I'm prob gonna get bitched at or something for posting this shit on a cherokee forum but **** it...anyone know what it might be? without the fuse if he turns the ruck off it won't turn back on unless i jump him off...??

Probably something to do with the indicator light wiring

I know on my old man's 94 blazer he had to replace the 4x4 switch located under the battery. I think he said it used and electric switch to open the vaccum port to engage the axle.

I had a 91 and the wiring runs directly under the driver's feet. My harness shorted out, and created all kinds of problems. I had to pull the seat and the carpet to get at it. I ended up splicing longer pieces of wire in to re-route the harness out of the way. I don't remember if 4wd worked, it just died.

I noticed it when I was chasing wires and had my head near the carpet, I could smell that electrical meltdown smell. I lifted the carpet and it got stronger.

Anyway, just a thought, good luck and let us know what you find.

Back