• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone interested in an affordable rear bumper/carrier?

I'd pay 500 shipped. Only thing is, i live in Cali :p PM me with pics and what not. Im interested

well i think swing out would defantly be perfered, shackle mount points, maybe a reciever hich, and of course make it so it bolts along the reciver hitch rail.
A place for a reverse light?
A place to mount a Hi lift?
A place for Jerry cans?
Mount the tire low enough/out of the way so you can see out the window but still be able to hold a decent size tire
Have side protection,
offer it unpainted for cost

thats what i would look for in a bumper if i didnt allready have one.

My JCR was 625 + shipping, so you're no stellar deal.

well i think swing out would defantly be perfered, shackle mount points, maybe a reciever hich, and of course make it so it bolts along the reciver hitch rail.
A place for Jerry cans?
Mount the tire low enough/out of the way so you can see out the window but still be able to hold a decent size tire
Have side protection,

I agree with all of this. Especially mounting the tire low enough that you can still see something out the rear window that is not rubber. That is what has kept me from getting a rear tire carrier.

WOW, this has been open 7 hours, no lock..I guess this happens only to some of the people not all, i see..Hell there was a big stink about this from someone, need to find that thread..Dude if this was in CA, it would have been locked already...

By the way 600.00 is a great price..Post some pics soon

It hasn't been reported that I know of. I just caught the title and ventured in. He hasn't one anything yet that violates rules as far as vendors are concerned. Right now he is simply gauging interest. As long as thats all that happens here, it stays.

Indeed; no one reported it, and no one noticed it.

Its sorta pushing the boundries of some of the more gray area rules, but no line toed yet.

Besides, I think the users more or less covered anything the moderators would have had to say here.. ;)

Yeah, I was not familiar with the rules to be honest, and I am by no means taking any orders. I am just gauging interest and taking ideas on designing a bumper/tire carrier combo. All input is helpful and much appreciated. I have a few sketches. Going to start fabbing things up this weekend.

I'm not a welder or fabricator, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Your phones going to be ringing off the hook soon!:phone:

I say good luck, if people didnt create we would have nothing. make it light weight, strong, good recoverypoints, great departure angles and last but not least pleasing to the eye. Then think about a price

A place for Jerry cans?
Have side protection,

Gee, i have one just like this...
jack.jpg

:cheers: to JCR offroad

I say good luck, if people didnt create we would have nothing. make it light weight, strong, good recoverypoints, great departure angles and last but not least pleasing to the eye. Then think about a price
Add to that,most critical is "mounting points"!Also take lots of pics so everyone can see "how" its built.

Back