• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in SoCal has a D30 lunchbox locker for sale?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Was going to go with a lunchbox in the 44 but it looks like the 2012 JK with Auto does not like LunchBox lockers in the rear.... Btw - it's for 4.11 gear ratio.

The front likely wont like it any better. Thats the 3.6 right? Likely will go in to anti skid the moment the first time if starts to "click" or "pop" at all. About a 50/50 split on how many experience it in the front. The rear is about a 95% chance it will go in to ESC...

Actually everything I read states that the auto goes in limp mode with rear only as it detects the slip. in 4WD it does not use the wheel speed sensors so no no anti skid ;)

Well if you get lucky and yours doesnt pop in 2wd like about 50% do, then the above applies maybe. But in 2wd if it pops even for a moment, the ESC goes crazy and trys to antilock the brake to correct what it thinks is a skid, and then the locker over reacts and they fight each other. I have had to remove 2 out of the 3 I have installed in to JK front ends in the 12 - newer. All I can recommend is that you do a worn out used insert, or a cheapy one like a aussie or that other what lokka? In hopes it doesnt lock very well due to new cut or precision cut teeth. If you cant spend $900 on a $25K jeep...

Back