• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in or near north San Diego county want to help?

ljobbins

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey guys I want to slowly start building my car and doing some work. I will eventually need welding help for stiffeners and building an 8.8. First though I want to swap in an ax15 for my ba10. Anyone know enough to help with the swap? I've removed and installed trannys but I've never swapped in different trannys or installed a clutch before. From everything I've read it sounds easy enough but words on a website aren't a substitute for first hand knowledge.

Space AND tools? Next thing you know someone is going to want it to be a dry space. Crazy I tell you!

:sure:

I've got a normal garage at my parents house and all the normal tools and a jack. Nothing crazy as far as space goes but should be enough for this work.

Never say that you want to slowly build your rig, that part happens by itself. Go into it with high expectation and lots of enthusiasm, that'll slow a project down. Just kidding around with you, good luck on the swap, there are good people down your way that should be able to help you out.

Whereabouts is your parents garage located in North County? I haven't done this swap before, but may be available for moral support.

With 4 rain storms stacked up over the next few days and into next week, you'll want a dry space for this swap.

I was actually supposed to go pick up the new clutch from Napa today but last night my alternator died taking with it the belt. While I was hobbling the car to the nearest auto parts store it was running super rich from messed up voltages and now it is running a bit funky so I'm thinking it fouled the o2 sensor. So there went that money for the clutch. So next paycheck I'm getting the clutch and will be ready to install the tranny.

And my parents are in northeast Oceanside. Near Bonsall off the 76.

I hear wrench party...lets do like when I swapped my trans...everyone comes to help but drinks all the beer instead while they all watch Leep do the work! HAHA, funny guys...guys....Seriousely, there are a lot of intelligent people that can chime in and assist, of course pizza and cold beverages are generally helpful!

i don't drink but I'm not opposed to others drinking. if lots o beer and pizza will help get me help I'm in. i'm going to get this clutch on the next paycheck and i should be able to swap these trannys.

i don't drink but I'm not opposed to others drinking. if lots o beer and pizza will help get me help I'm in. i'm going to get this clutch on the next paycheck and i should be able to swap these trannys.

If I drive all the way down to SD to help I won't be drinking alcoholic beverages either, but if I have any left I can donate them to the cause.

Back