• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in Kansas City?

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
I've been lurking this board for a couple years acutally and I just now thought about putting up a shout out to anyone from the KC area. Are there going to be any get-togethers around here soon? I have a stock height '90 XJ but I'm sure I could still have some fun. I think it would be great to meet some of you guys. I'm in Olathe, give me a shout

Ecarlcl

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm thinking about becoming a NAXJA member.

winterfest man! its gonna be big!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hi From Lincoln, NE)

Im in warrensburg, got a stock 2000 sport, but its loves to get beat up, looking at forums for best 3" lift and tires to match my highway driving (has 190,000 miles so far....) But im about an hour from Olathe...

I'll see if I can find an announcement for winterfest just as long as you guys dont laugh at my junk

Poison said:
I'm an hour north of you in St. Joe, work in KC though.......... :wave:

hello there

there isnt anything closer to kc that anyone is planning on?

Ecarlcl said:

I encourage you to do so!
See ya at Winterfest?

XJ_ranger said:
(Hi From Lincoln, NE)

I thought you were in CA on break?

Haleyes said:
I encourage you to do so!
See ya at Winterfest?

Is there a way I can attend an event before I make a final decision?

EDIT: As far as winterfest goes Indiana was a little further than I had in mind but we'll see how things go in the next few months. Could I take a stocker there and get away with it?

Last edited:
Ckeck out the KC Jeep Club, they have trail runs all year. Some fairly close and some not so close. A good bunch as these guys are........

Poison said:
Ckeck out the KC Jeep Club, they have trail runs all year. Some fairly close and some not so close. A good bunch as these guys are........

url?

Ecarlcl said:
Is there a way I can attend an event before I make a final decision?

EDIT: As far as winterfest goes Indiana was a little further than I had in mind but we'll see how things go in the next few months. Could I take a stocker there and get away with it?

Absosmurfley.

You don't have to be a paid member to attend.

You can have a good time in a stocker. Depending on weather, green trail should accomidate your wheeling needs. You could also play around i the quarry. I'd reccomend at the extreme minimum a TC skid. Probably should expect some minor body damage too.

Haleyes said:
I thought you were in CA on break?

Oregon for the past 3 days.... CA tomorrow, then Nevada Wed thru Fri...

Ecarlcl said:
I've been lurking this board for a couple years acutally and I just now thought about putting up a shout out to anyone from the KC area. Are there going to be any get-togethers around here soon? I have a stock height '90 XJ but I'm sure I could still have some fun. I think it would be great to meet some of you guys. I'm in Olathe, give me a shout

Ecarlcl

Hey man, I'm in Shawnee. Definately feel your pain as far lack of offroading around here! Usually go to CO and Moab for good offroading. Beautiful out there, but not real convienent from here.

DBenz said:
I'm in Salina. Do you ever go to KS Rocks? Never been there myself, but I believe it's south of KC a bit. I normally go to Randolph (Tuttle Creek ORV Park) jsut a bit north of Manhattan.

http://www.trailkrawlers4x4.org

went there over thanksgiving weekend (also went to tuttle). it was about an hour south from overland park. enjoyed both places....wheeled with some guys from the trail krawlers at tuttle.

will probably be returning sometime in 06

Randy, I remember seeing you post on Trail Krawlers around that time. We just put on my lift in early december. I'm running 31s right now, plan on 33s this summer.

Everyone planning on Kansas Krawl '06?

I am from Spring Hill, KS about 10 min south of Olathe. KS Rock is good and only about 50 min away, then Manhattan is a fun weekend trip.

Back