• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have pics of their XJ w/o fender flares?

God, I would hate to get crap here in Boston for my tires. I've gotten pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign, but the officer didn't give me any crap about my tires. Anyone know of the laws here in MA?

Oh, this may be a little of the topic, but how high of a lift can you install on an XJ before you need to consider a drop pitman arm or a SYE?

xjwoody said:
Pictures didn't work...

I know it's a whole new thread, but... PA's laws are pretty strict about tires poking out...

Ok...so whats the secret? I have them hosted at Ofot and I clicked the picture, went to properties, highlighted the url and pasted it in the insert image box. :confused: The weird part is that I can see them perfectly fine. Thanks for letting me know.
BuddhaBudz....sorry for whinning about my pics :cheers:
If you do take them off just find somebody with a jig saw and follow the top of the bend in the fender. Another thing you can do is cut the bottom of the fender flush with the grill. IMO makes it look that much better. Good luck

Sorry for such a big pic
110_1058.JPG

before the first wheelin trip...

815gxjyellow-med.jpg

after the first wheelin trip, both without flares and fenders cut...

815chopdayone-med.jpg

I think that cutting at least beyond the factory holes makes for a much cleaner look, (I cut further) I used door trip to cover the rough cut, it works well but expect to keep super glueing them back on.

Last edited:
Anybody got any head on pics? I think it looks great until you see how far the tires actually stick out.

BuddhaBudz,
Here in MA it is illegal to have the tread of the tire stick out at all past the fender.

Dean

You said you wanted a front on shot(close as I could get) :wave1:
1078850415_P1010027.jpg

Another not so old pic
1050601366_PA100039.jpg

Since hinkleberry started talking about jungle gyms. I say screw the fenders altogether :guitar:
1078981633_PA110084.jpg

How about a shot from the way back machine.
1059185616_jaws3_6.jpg

basalt51 said:
Anybody got any head on pics? I think it looks great until you see how far the tires actually stick out.

I am going FW so wait till you see how far they stick out then! Not a DD though so I don't care. Even though in KS you can do about whatever you want and still drive it.

basalt51 said:

About as head on as it gets....

IM000568.jpg

What are the specs on that mofo big98xj??? I think I love it. That is some crazy cutting.--------Kyle

Back