• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have experience with this weld-on D44 disc brake bracket on ebay:

I'm doing a disc upgrade using Eldorado rotors and calipers. The bolt on kits have an offset in them. I don't see that here. I would double check with them first. I am just going to measure everything and cut my own brackets since I have a cnc mill.

I really like the way they look, and I would think they would not be hard to fab, but for the price they seem like they would work. The one possible benefit, if you could cut your old backing plates off, leaving the axle in one piece. You could save the money of replacing 2 sets of seals, and bearings. The only thing that may be an issue, could possibly be from the heat of the weld transferring in, and wrecking the oil seal. Just my thoughts.

ive often wondered why mild builds dont use them (ive seen lots of builds that use similar rigidly mounted caliper brackets on hardcore axles like 14bolts, etc). the crown victoria's use a floating caliper/ single piston. do you need dual (opposing) piston caliperss on a system like this?

if you were to use a single piston, rigidly mounted caliper (like a CV).... wouldnt you only get brake pressure on 1 side of the rotor?

Yes,caliper type is critical.Those brackets would require a "floating piston" design,not floating caliper.

I have had Eldorado calibers on the back of my XJ for 6 years and I am looking at getting rid of them.
The Parking Brake will not adjust and will not hold the XJ! They where a bad ideal 1978 and they are not any better today. This caliber sucks, the ZJ, Crown Vic or Explore are a much better option.
I will gladly sell you my TSM kit.

Back