• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have any experience with the 4WD Parts in Lynwood WA?

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Tax money is coming and I am getting some new tires and called them and got a decent quote for tires mounted and balanced and that they offer a warranty.

Goodyear Kevlar MTRS 35x12.50 on 15's.

It was like 1200 after tax for tires mounted and balanced at this location with their "warranty" which they said would cover trail damage or ripped sidewalls... and on tire rack it was 1040 shipped and no real warranty and I would have to get them mounted about 50-75 bucks up the road. Seems like a no brainer with the warranty, just thought I would get the opinion on here. I have NEVER shopped at a 4WD, I went once in AZ and was not impressed by their sales person giving me the run around on some Rock Krawler joints. I would also get an alignment done which bumped it to 1400 at 4WD with a 90 day warranty on that...

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal to me.

But why don't you take that quote over to Americas tire and see if they can beat that price. It's always a good idea to play the tire shops against eachother to get the best price. :D

I don't know about 4wd but 4wheel parts has the same type of warranty. The only catch is if you read the small print you have to pay the price difference of the tire between when you bought yours and the current price of the new one. You have to pay the taxes on the new tire. You have to pay to mount and balance the new tire. So i would think about if its worth it or not.

I bought my warranty's through America's Tire there's seemed much better and they price match. You might check into it.

I dont rember if Discounttiredirect.com sells the goodyears or not but check them out. Free shipping, not tax, and it you buy wheels they come mounted and balanced.

Also 4wheel parts is crazy for alingments. I just checked the one here in tacoma, $212 for a long arm alingment. I then called les schwab and they charge $60 for the same alingment.

Do they get into the arms themselves and adjust the caster at les schwab? I miss NY and living near Rock Krawler and being able to bring it to the industrial spring shop that did all their alignments for them and would dial in the dumb "xfactor" steering nicely.

Also it is 4wheel parts not 4wd parts. ha

Yes they adjust the arms. Its hit or miss with them tho. I have 2 buddies that use to work for them near me, now one quit for a salesman job for kimball midwest, and the other was just promoted to assistant manager but had to move to idaho for it.

Basically, call around and find the most knowledgable alingment guy ( i have a ton of les schwabs within 20 miles of me). You can also check castor by parking on flat ground an using an agle finder on the yoke. There are a few charts floating around.

I have been there a few times. It's a store front for 4WD.com, which is also Four Wheel Parts - the largest offroad parts distributor in the world.

They own a bunch of brands, like ProComp, Rubicon, Rugged ridge, Daystar and such. So you can get a small break when they have a sale on their brands.

You can buy on their web sites and have things delivered to the store. What you save in shipping, you will pay in sales tax (10%). On the other hand, you can buy from Tire Rack, have it drop shipped to an approved installer and save the tax. I did this for a great deal on Duratracs and had them shipped to AutoDynamix in Bellevue, who did a great job mounting, dynamic balancing, alignment, etc.

As far as tires go, if it's not ProComp, you can always get a better deal elsewhere - Tire Rack, Discount Tires, etc.

I made the mistake of having 4WD Parts install a lift for me and some other stuff - bad mistake. Most of the work they did was poor and I had to fix and replace most of it afterwards...

Back