• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a tire mounter?

Spearfisher XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Shops here in Vallejo are quoting me 100 bucks to mount some 37"s on 16.5" rims. What the ****?

Is it me or has it always been this expensive? Just a few years ago I got it done for 50$ but that was back in SoCal.

Anyone have a shop that is cheap or willing to give me hand? Beer is on me if you have a machine I can use.

Thanks fellas

Blake

have you tried walmart?
probably cant balance em, but they can mount em. I know they charge 5$ to dismount, not sure about mounting. I had them do my 36s and I think it cost like 16$ to mount them all . and dismount a few different sets of 36s.

Soap from the kitchen, two pry bars and some try. Go get it. done.

you should be able to mount tires easily with the help of a friend, some soap or lubricant, and a pry bar

I don't know any tire shops that can balance bigger than a 35" tire..

HUH?^^ Most tire balancers go up to 38"-40". some even 44". Any decent tire shop can balance those tires but for a 37 on a 16.5, I would just use Tire Balance Beads.

And Mounting a tire on a 16.5 is SUPER easy. But airing one up is a PITA. I would use windex or some lubricant, throw those tires on and take them to a tire shop to be aired up.

Tried any mexican tire shops?

A balancing machine and a mounting machine are two different things. At my school we have both coats machines that are just like the ones at tire shops. You can fit a lot bigger tire on a balancer than a mounting machine.

Back