• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a Renix Stroker?

OK, I found out that my stroker has the later model stock 4.0L injectors, not the Ford 24lb injectors. I checked the parts book for aplications, and these injectors are also used in the 5.2L V8, and even in the 2.5L. Since it was easier, I just picked one up from the Jeep dealer.

Does anyone know for sure what the flow rate of these injectors is? I've heard from 21lb to 23lb. The parts book said '93-'00 in the 4.0L. I was told that these injectors will work well in my Renix stroker with the FPR bumped up to 49 psi.

Richard,

www.fiveomotorsport.com has photos and flow rates listed for the most popular MPI injectors.

These folks are in SoCal and will answer questions as well.

Dr. Dyno said:

Thanks. :)

Here's the one I have, and my fuel pressure has been bumped up to 49 psi.

'96-'99, ........53030778, ...Grey, .........49psi, .................23.2lb/hr

Jake's said they should flow 23lb/hr, but I also heard different figures......thanks for the confirmation.

Scaling the flow from one pressure to another pressure is not linear. If it says 20lb at 25psi, at 50 psi the flow would be 80 lb. It is a square ratio.

You've got that the wrong way round Tom. :) It's a square root relationship between injector flow and fuel pressure.
e.g. An injector which flows 20.0lb/hr at 25psi will flow 28.3lb/hr at 50psi, not 80lb/hr.

Sorry, I had a case of late night cranial rectumitus. I'm an electrical type. I was equating it to doubling the voltage yields a 4 fold increase in power.

Back