• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a BMX bike for cheap/free?

I have someone whose kid wants a BMX bike for Christmas, and I don't have a 20" project bike at the moment.

Brand and condition do not matter, just something for me to build.

Thanks! :)

What do you consider cheap? I have 10,000 here....

Well, haha, I usually hit the yard sales during the summer and get a few to mix and match, but there wasn't a great big selection this year.

As for "cheap" I'm talking FREE up to maybe twenty bucks. I only sell my bikes for thirty and so that's why I aim for the five to ten-dollar bikes at the swap meet or yard sales. That way, I can barely break even if I do it right. :)

Well, haha, I usually hit the yard sales during the summer and get a few to mix and match, but there wasn't a great big selection this year.

As for "cheap" I'm talking FREE up to maybe twenty bucks. I only sell my bikes for thirty and so that's why I aim for the five to ten-dollar bikes at the swap meet or yard sales. That way, I can barely break even if I do it right. :)

:doh:

sorry. everything I have is new or close to new.

cheap ass.....

familyfriendly.jpg

:doh:

sorry. everything I have is new or close to new.

cheap ass.....

Some people specialize in high end downhill racing bikes.

Others in superlight road bikes.

Derrick's speciality is tweakerbikes.

I do have one, that is very old. I'm far from you but you can have it if you like. I would rather see it go to someone who will appreciate it rather than scrap.

I have no clue, it is bmx style tho. Like I said its really old but complete

That is awesome, thank you so much. I'll see when I can get up that way and see when you are available. :)

Have you ever shot a pic of it? I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to old bikes, and if it's something really nice I'd hate to take it for free.

I gotta check but, I think I have my old race bike around here somewhere.. used to race with it when I was in 7th 8th grade... its complete and wouldn't take any fixing up I don't think.. but I gotta make sure nobody has given it away yet.. ill let you know.. I got it brand new in 02.. I think its still got my aba number plate on it!

Since its already dark I will try and get a pic of it tomorrow. I would say that this thing is from the early 80's lol

Back