• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else see a problem with this leaf setup??

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I walked by this older full size bronco/suburban (cant read what it is from my phone screen) today and couldnt help scratching my head at the rear leaf setup...
e89ca6ed.jpg

Then to add to its awesomeness... It has a fold down/swing away tire carrier...
a632e497.jpg

This might be a flex monster but IMO it kinda scares me a lil... :banghead:

I,ve seen that set-up on YJ,s...... It is for more droop in the rear axle..

He had 4 different gear shifters on the floor too, one I figured was for the transmission, the other 3 I wasn't 100% on. I should of took more pics but I didn't think it was gonna leave before I returned in 15 minutes

I use to run that on a YJ i had. Makes for great flex. Mine wasnt ideal for some people but i liked it. Used square U bolts to hold it on the frame.

Guy I know ran it on his Yota, it seemed to work good.

back in the mid to late 90's there was alot of people in my group that ran the buggy leaf, it was good for flex but thats about it. it wasn't to good on the highway and if your dropping off big ledges it would unload and "spring" your rig to the sky. a few pwople even went so far as making a locking setup so as you can lock the leaf to the frame when you wanted to just use the leaf on the axle, it worked better but not by much. now that we found out all the flex in the world is useless we've tossed it in the garbage and forgot about it.

All the 'shifters' sticking out of the floor...Atlas transfer case? Hurst Thunder Sticks, like a mid '80s Hurst Olds Cutlass?

Ya had a hurst shifter with 2 sticks same height then a smaller one. It also had a stubby little knob stick thing in front of the shifters that looked like a vac disconnect conversion

Back