• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else audioslaved?

Beej said:
They're already gone. Ain't you got a UMD player yet?

PS: is it Missouri or Missoura?

My wife has an iPod, but I'm not big into electronic gadgets.

Within St Louis metro its Missouri... everywhere else its Missoura. I'm not from around here though, and I don't bother to imitate the accent. One curious thing I have noticed, is that words such as "forty" are pronounced "farty." So Interstate forty-four that runs through the area is known as "farty-far." It makes me laugh more often than not.

Chero-King said:
I like audioslave, I'm not a huge hardcore fan but I definitely like a lot of there songs...Be yourself, Doesnt Remind Me... etc.

X2

Chero-King said:
I like audioslave, I'm not a huge hardcore fan...
Audioslave ain't hardcore ;)

Gonna have to look up Motorhead, DRI, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, and many others (my mind is still asleep)...

GSequoia said:
Audioslave ain't hardcore ;)

Gonna have to look up Motorhead, DRI, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, and many others (my mind is still asleep)...

Haha yeah I know there not that hardcore.
I never reallly did like Motorhead, never heard DRI and yes we all know about Rage. :)

First time I ever saw a moshpit was at a DRI show in Calgary in about 1988. From then on, every punk/hardcore band I saw if there wasn't one already, we started one...

Beej said:
First time I ever saw a moshpit was at a DRI show in Calgary in about 1988. From then on, every punk/hardcore band I saw if there wasn't one already, we started one...

Who, you and the girls? That sounds awfully dangerous, akin to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain.

I've been a hardcore fan since they came out with their first stuff. I love their no boundries rock perspective. It's great when every musician in the band just plays so great together. Their new album "Revalations" is great stuff but I don't think it lives up to their other stuff. I love the funky style thats so obvious in this one.
Just recently got into them, and I gotta say that theyre one of my favorite bands. I like the intensity of the musical section (Especially Tom Morello) Vs. Chris Cornell's voice. IMO, one of the best acts that emerged after the new Millenium, that and Velvet Revolver ;)

WOW! Thread is over 2 years old!

Audioslave's 1st cd was good, their second one sounded like it was the same song playing over again, you couldn't distinquish between tracks.

Yeah i love audioslave! Revaltions was kinda soft compared to the others especially thier 1st CD! Damn someone dug up a 2 year old thread! Is someone bored? Can you really go wrong with Chris Cornell and Tom Morello in the same band? I think Not!:D

My first real concert: Seether opening for Audioslave in 2005. An amazing show. Sean and Chris doing "fell on black days" acoustic. I wish I could find a good recording of that song.

~Alex

Horray for the search feature!

Yeah i love audioslave! Revaltions was kinda soft compared to the others especially thier 1st CD! Damn someone dug up a 2 year old thread! Is someone bored? Can you really go wrong with Chris Cornell and Tom Morello in the same band? I think Not!:D
I was searching around for some threads on music here. I new they existed. :rtm: I couldnt agree more about Cornell and Morello!

I was searching around for some threads on music here. I new they existed. :rtm: I couldnt agree more about Cornell and Morello!

I mean Chris cornell is a bad ass singer and don't get me started on tom morello. That guy can play a mean guitar. One of the best IMO!

Back