• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone bringing a welder?

I have a pig tail I made up to run my 220v welder off of a campground RV outlet. I will show it in the camper so we will have one.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Ok, if I get to it I will install my onboard. I have to do brakes on te suburban first.....

Ok well sounds like there should be a welded there....now if only someone would be willing to do some welding/show me how ha hopefully get some practice on my stiffeners but still might need some help

Why does this not suprise me. I think you have everything that could posibly go wrong and need fixed in that rig

The on-board welder has bailed me and a few friends out....Can't imagine hitting the trail without it.:D

Nick

looking forward to seeing you again, we had a blast last time, now if it would just get here I would be really happy

Paul, if you're bringing your wire feed than I will leave mine home, your trailer is better suited to haul extra big junk than my tahoe/open trailer.

I've got some NIB stainless windshield tie downs I'm bringing for you, for free.
I will bring mine along with my torch tanks.

Been thinking about on-board air and welder for a while... What are you guys running for those??

Just to clarify:

I think all of us are friends. But I also think that there's a difference between helping you fix something and helping you build something in the campground. I'm more than willing to fix, but I'm a little leary on build.

If you have a big project that you think you're going to get welded up when you get to the campground, you might want to reconsider. I don't know how everyone else feels, but that's my take on bringing my welder.

And yes, what you've heard is true. I'm a jerk on the internet. :)

Just to clarify:

I think all of us are friends. But I also think that there's a difference between helping you fix something and helping you build something in the campground. I'm more than willing to fix, but I'm a little leary on build.

If you have a big project that you think you're going to get welded up when you get to the campground, you might want to reconsider. I don't know how everyone else feels, but that's my take on bringing my welder.

And yes, what you've heard is true. I'm a jerk on the internet. :)

But a great guy in person!

Just like the good old days when someone brought an axle to an event expecting all sorts of help swapping it.

I have helped do this...

mac 'but not at a NAXJA event' gyvr

I sold and helped install a 27spl 8.25 in 95Heep's rig at WFOh-10.

Still can't believe he was running around on 35s with a welded 35.

But no welder was used.

XJosh 'since this is a thread about welders' 95

I have helped do this...

mac 'but not at a NAXJA event' gyvr

Summerbash, '03?
Where Tim earned his nickname?

I was talking about one of the summer unofficial badlands trips at Summer's. Where one of our more memorable former members brought an XJ D44 with him, wheeled with it all day in the back of his rig and them wanted everyone to "pitch in and help" him swap it out Saturday night at Summer's.

sean"burning out his fuse up here alone"R

Summerbash, '03?
Where Tim earned his nickname?

I was talking about one of the summer unofficial badlands trips at Summer's. Where one of our more memorable former members brought an XJ D44 with him, wheeled with it all day in the back of his rig and them wanted everyone to "pitch in and help" him swap it out Saturday night at Summer's.

sean"burning out his fuse up here alone"R

Summerbash...2000...

We broke this one...on the prerun the weekend before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO72xxpr4uE

Fixed in the parking lot the following Thursday...

mac 'the good ol days' gyvr

Back