• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody tried a DIY4x shackle?

kst8engineer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running a Skyjacker 3" lift with a Rock Krawler long arm front setup. I'm looking for an additional 1.5"-2" of lift, and I've got some 1.5" coil spacers I'm planning to use in the front. On the rear, I'm currently running a stock shackle, so I'm thinking about going to an extended shackle in the rear to ease spring movement and gain a little bit of lift as well.

I've been comparing the different shackles that are available for XJ's, and I like the idea of having some adjustability in the shackle (i.e. -- two different mounting holes). The only shackle I've run across with this feature was made by Rough Country and wasn't as beefy as I'd like it to be.

I've read a little bit about using GM truck shackles on XJ's, and the only complaint I could find is that the stock GM truck shackles aren't strong enough, since we're turning them upside down to support the load in compression on an XJ. What I'm wondering about would be using 7" aftermarket GM truck shackles from DIY4x, and drilling another hole at approximately 6" for adjustability.

Here they are: http://www.diy4x.com/suspension.htm

Thoughts? Is there any reason why these wouldn't work?

Call Kurt at DIY4X and ask him, tell him Andy from MIOBI sent ya. I have held them in my hand when I picked up my beadlocks, you want beef thats it. They put out some of the best stuff I have ever seen...andy

The 6.5" Hardarm kit I ordered from Clayton's came with three-hole per side shackles for the rear leafs. I don't see them listed seperately on his site, but I'm about to bump the bolts down one hole since my springs have settled.

Thanks for the comments, guys. The DIY4x shackles should be a direct bolt-in, shouldn't they? I also emailed Clayton to see if they sell their shackles separately.

Good news and bad...

Good news: Clayton's offers adjustable shackles

Bad news: They want $159 for the pair!!!

It looks like DIY4x is the answer for me!

Back