• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody know anything about the GMC Acadia's

Run away from the Acadia. Don't like Explorers either. If you are looking at good solid SUV's the Toyota Sequoia is awesome as well as the RAV4. I sat here trying to think based on working on them which non-Jeep SUV would I buy and the Yota's are about it...couldn't give me an Acadia...

Mid 2000s Suburban/Yukon XL or Excursion V10. What you will spend in fuel you will save in fixing all that new fangled GM wizardry.

On a side note, the Toyota Sequoia is built about 20 minutes from me in Princeton, IN. Very nice SUVs if you can find one for a good price.

Kman-do the 01-06 tahoe in aZ71 pkg (bc they still look good). Proven motors n trannys, you can get a loaded up rig for not a lot of money, it will pull your trailer w/ your XJ on it and then some, it has room for everyone, and if it does not have 3rd row, you can pick those seats up for not too much $. they have already deperciated about as much as they are going to (within consideration, all vehicles depreciate unless it is a collector vehicle). get it, pay cash, drive it, be happy. They get 16-20 mpg depending on how you drive it.

Cheese "happy wife, happy life" Man

Kman-do the 01-06 tahoe in aZ71 pkg (bc they still look good). Proven motors n trannys, you can get a loaded up rig for not a lot of money, it will pull your trailer w/ your XJ on it and then some, it has room for everyone, and if it does not have 3rd row, you can pick those seats up for not too much $. they have already deperciated about as much as they are going to (within consideration, all vehicles depreciate unless it is a collector vehicle). get it, pay cash, drive it, be happy. They get 16-20 mpg depending on how you drive it.

Cheese "happy wife, happy life" Man

Truely thinking this is the way I'm heading. Are you saying all the holes and what not are already there for a third row?

I believe so, if not it is an incredibly easy swap bc I have a friend that put 3rd row in his and he is an idiot.

I believe so, if not it is an incredibly easy swap bc I have a friend that put 3rd row in his and he is an idiot.

It is I looked it up online and there is a company that makes some awesome seat cover replacements and they had a video. It is literally just getting all the brackets from a junk yard and bolting them on. And then cutting the carpet. And it is easy because the seat belts are integrated into the seats them selves. Apparently you can swap second row benchs out for buckets very easily also. Really opens up the options.

Last edited:
See, and there you have it. Buy the Tahoe outright and with what your first months payment would have been, you can buy new seats and be chillin like a 3rd row villin! and there are about 20 million sets of 6 lug wheels out there to gussy it up with for cheap.

Cheese "logical choice" Man

you pulling 12 MPG everywhere?

So far.

Need to get Chaz in here to comment on the Honda Pilot. He had one and is a service writer at Honda, so he knows what's up with them.

mac 'just had the ex aligned at the Honda dealer' gyvr

I have worked on lots of pilots and Acadias. The earlier Acadias I would stay away from. Lots of timing chain issues and transmission issues. Don't have much experience with the newer ones 2012 and newer. Pilots are great, very few issues. 2004 to 2005 had some transmission issues. 2006 to 2008 had some torque converter issues. 2009 to 2010 had a few torque converter issues. 2011 to current have no trans issues. If you consider a pilot and have questions let me know. Have been with Honda since 2004.

Back