• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody have an extra cingular phone they dont need?

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
I destroyed mine last night in a drunken stuper....id like to buy your old cingular phone. kinda got myself in a bind. im never drinking again. :puke:

i have one but i think we are a little to far from each other....my advice go to walmart and buy one of the prepay phones from cingular they are like 19$ up to 60$ and just change your sim card with it and good to go

white_elephant said:
i have one but i think we are a little to far from each other....my advice go to walmart and buy one of the prepay phones from cingular they are like 19$ up to 60$ and just change your sim card with it and good to go
Does that actually work? I was told the prepay phones wouldnt work with a normal service sim card....

DrMoab said:
I have a Motorolla 551 you can have if you pay to ship it. It does need a battery though. Let me know.

ill take it!!!! let me know how much you want for shipping!

olivedrabcj7 said:
Does that actually work? I was told the prepay phones wouldnt work with a normal service sim card....

Yeah they work. I work for cingular. nothing is diff. about them. Some are jsut made exclusively to be used for our go phone service

Incidentally, you should be able to use a T-Mobile phone on Cingular and vice-versa - both use the GSM standard (and even share networks); the phone just has to be unlocked to work on the others' network. I had a Cingular-branded Treo 650 (POS PDA) on T-Mobile for about a year without any issues.

Both carriers will typically do this as a courtesy for long-term customers. This article does a better job of describing the situation than I can here; more current information (though I'd still recommend reading the first article) is here.

Back