• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody have a good source for welding?

LazersGoPEWPEW

NAXJA Forum User
I've got some significant body rust that needs to be cut out and I need some sheet metal welded in. Anybody have experience or know a guy with experience that want ask for half the value of my Jeep in the process to fix it? Doesn't need to look perfect, just trying to stop the rusting.

Theres a bio safe chemical that can be put on that stops the rusting and bonds it to make it rigid but I cannot remember who told me about it. I will try to find out! And for the clowners, NO it's not paint, primer or duct tape for that matter!!

Got it, it was on a tv car show on cable! I can't remember the product though!

We carry this stuff at work and another brand. Supposed to work awesome.

s_trmt_extend_spray.png

Theres a bio safe chemical that can be put on that stops the rusting and bonds it to make it rigid but I cannot remember who told me about it. I will try to find out! And for the clowners, NO it's not paint, primer or duct tape for that matter!!

Bondo? Chewing gum? Bathtub caulk?

We carry this stuff at work and another brand. Supposed to work awesome.

s_trmt_extend_spray.png

I've tried that stuff and returned it because it didn't work like it said it would. I've used Rustoleum brand rust reformer and it worked pretty well.

Is that the only spot?

frame rail has seen a better day....

Is that the only spot?

That's probably the worst spot. There's rust on the doors and the rocker panels too and a few other spots underneath, but I haven't seen anything quite as bad as this spot yet.

frame rail has seen a better day....

You're not kidding man. If I could find a rust free shell for cheap I'd buy it and just move everything over.

Back