• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody else have trouble with Detours?

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a rear tire carrier bumper from Detours on 3/24/16. Stated lead time was 10 weeks. I asked them so early June? Yes. Now into late July. Three emails and one phone call later and zero response. Since I generally only bolt stuff to my Jeep that comes from "reputable" and "decent" vendors, at this point I am unlikely to even bolt whatever they may ship me, if they do ship me, a bumper onto my Jeep. Buyer beware. Don't buy from Detours! Mark has a link to NAXJA. I suggest the moderators have him remove it!

Last edited:
I wanted to update this thread. Apparently Mark didn't move, or ported his number with him, as he called me back on Saturday explaining I was using his "backup" email address which I guess he doesn't check as often??? I explained that I wanted a refund because of the lengthy wait time but he seems hell bent on shipping me a bumper. Not really impressed. I would think if you are going to blow by your first lead time you'd contact the affected customers and let them know things were getting behind and give them a new ETA. At this point I feel like he's trying to shove the bumper down my throat.

10 weeks? How many of those do they do in a day? I can't imagine it taking more than one man day to build one of these from raw materials using a template, plasma and a welder.

Back