• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody Broken a Lockright???

I broke mine in an 8.25. I didn't know it though until I took it apart to change the diff fluid.

They were cool and warrantied it, but I couldn't for the life of me get the new one to set up correctly. It sucked so bad and banged every second while I was going straight down the street.....so I sold the lock right.....sold the axle.....bought a 9" and spool. No more problems. :wave1:

Picture of the locker:
IMG_3785-2.jpg

IMG_3786-2.jpg

Did anybody notice that this lockrite came out of a CJ d30. Standard Pinion. And he just put this in a xj D30 Reverse rotation. That is, I assume you put it in your cherokee. Thats proably y its not working.

OK. i just tested it.. kinda. I think this confirms it is infact working.
Jacked up pass front only and rotated tire in both directions, clicking could be heard from the front differential. Did the same for the other side, same

I jacked up all 4 corners of the xj and put it on jackstands. I put it in 4 hi and in drive. Rear with the trashed trash lock I could stop one of the tires easily with my hand and the other side continued to rotate. (open differential)
with the front I tried the same, but I could not stop the tire at all on either side by hand. no wierd clicking was heard while in 4wd

i *think this means it is infact working, and just quieted down on the street.

csudman said:
Did anybody notice that this lockrite came out of a CJ d30. Standard Pinion. And he just put this in a xj D30 Reverse rotation. That is, I assume you put it in your cherokee. Thats proably y its not working.

The carrier's are the samr for all D30's. Whether they are LP or HP.

Sounds like you got it working LouisianaZJ. Have fun!

Back