• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any other IT guys

Computer costs X amount. Exact same computer certified for medical use = 2 or 3 times more.

I used to work for Seimens WAY back in the day. They made an imaging device that was a Mac hidden inside a different case. I'm not giving away any secrets here. 4 screws and anybody could see it was a Mac.

While there is some gouging going on, I'm sure, it is also a bit more complicated.

For example I'd be that case around the Mac is primarily designed to shield EFI.

Why not just get all AIOs or tablets? I don't see a desktop requirement, but I also don't know what they'll be primarily be used for either.
Seems like a waste to me.

If it were up to me they would all have ipads, and a few laptops..

We have so many different departments there used for tons of different things...

Nothing a tablet couldnt handle though.

We are a dumb hospital.

While there is some gouging going on, I'm sure, it is also a bit more complicated.

For example I'd be that case around the Mac is primarily designed to shield EFI.
Oh for sure. I totally believed in the company and work they are/were doing (Sonography). It is/was a great product of software and hardware. I just always thought it was funny there was a Mac inside doing the image storage/review.

How are you going to get enough ram and storage in a laptop to use it?

How are you going to get enough ram and storage in a laptop to use it?
Not special but it has 3GB mem and 148GB HD. You're right, it's not enough to run anything useful but I only use it for playing with Linux/BSD w/o GUI. Just sshd, httpd, bind, etc. The usual lightweight stuff. So far it works pretty well. If I needed to run a vcenter on Win2008 it would kill it... if it even ran.

I had a couple super old 1U Xeon boxes but they are power hogs and you can hear them running 2 rooms away. Not at all practical in a home.

Last edited:
Back