• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any light trails in Georgia

XJBLACK

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for something light with the wife. If he enjoyes it she will let me invest more into a rig than a "camping vehicle". I dont know where to start. Any ideas will help. I searched around and most seem to be moderate/difficult. We ride the dirt roads at charles elliot wildlife center and she love that. Need a little more than a dirt road with hardly any views. I basically have 3 inch skyjacker lift on blocks and springs in the front all else appears stock. it was on the pile when i bought it.

Thanks

could I make it up beasley knob with only 2wd? i dont have the front dana 44 in yet.

Bruce I'd like to go with you to beasley... I don't really like the fact that I have seen alot of roll overs there...but I'd like to go...

A good LIGHT trail is Rocky Flats ORV.... not alot of really tough areas... but good for a pleasant trip..

Bruce should i throw in add a leafs before trying beasley knob.

What is your current setup? I'd build a rear pack...

Bruce I'd like to go with you to beasley... I don't really like the fact that I have seen alot of roll overs there...but I'd like to go...

Yeah, I've heard about the rollovers. You just have to be careful not to get crossed up while going down the steeper hills which is easier said than done if it's wet. We'll be there on the 18th of April. Just let me know if you want to meet up with us. I have a feeling it will be somewhat crowded.

West Georgia Offroad Park isn't officially a park yet is it?

I thought it opened the 18th of April...???

West Georgia Offroad Park isn't officially a park yet is it?

It may not be yet. I thought I'd include it so they could keep an eye on the website.

If it ends up not opening, it will be removed from the list.

Isn't there a sticky for this sort of thing!!!.. LOL

Isn't there a sticky for this sort of thing!!!.. LOL

Yep, it made it nice and easy to get what the OP asked for.

Most people don't realize the stickys are all new and updated. They are not the same old ones you had to wade through to get the info you were looking for, only to find out it was outdated.

Yeah i searched the stickys didnt really say how easy or hard each place was hence the "light". I search this site constantly. Thats why i hardly ever post theres so much info. The sticky has great info if im looking to go tear it up somewhere. Which in time will hopefully come.

I think what you're looking for a mild, local, quick trail to see if the wife likes the hobby or not. There's a place in Lithonia off Union Grove Rd just off 124 (Turner Hill Rd in that area) that I know alot of people go to and it's legal so far. Get on google maps and you'll see what I'm talking about. You can probably kill an hour or two there.

Yeah i searched the stickys didnt really say how easy or hard each place was hence the "light". I search this site constantly. Thats why i hardly ever post theres so much info. The sticky has great info if im looking to go tear it up somewhere. Which in time will hopefully come.

Yeah, the stickies don't tell how "easy" or "hard" the OHV park is because those are relative terms. You'll have to read through the website and talk to people for that information.

Back