• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any dealers for Detroit Lockers out there?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Dana44 Detroit full case locker in the rear of my Jeep. From what I can tell, it is at least 18 years old. It is starting to lock up way too easy. I am hoping to get a rebuild kit for it. My thinking is that the pins and springs are getting sloppy. If the parts are still available, I can pop the cover and see about getting some casting numbers.

Can anybody help me get a kit?

I have a Dana44 Detroit full case locker in the rear of my Jeep. From what I can tell, it is at least 18 years old. It is starting to lock up way too easy. I am hoping to get a rebuild kit for it. My thinking is that the pins and springs are getting sloppy. If the parts are still available, I can pop the cover and see about getting some casting numbers.

Can anybody help me get a kit?

Anybody a dealer that can get me at least a contact point at Detroit to pursue this?

I know a few people who could probably help, but they are all at EJS this week. Poke me after Easter and I'll ask for the right guy to call.

I finally got through to Eaton. I spent over an hour on hold. I will have to pull the locker and get the part numbers off the side gears before they can tell me if they have replacement parts or not. At that time, I will need to place an order through a dealer.

I'll be giving you a call. I didn't know you were a dealer.

Back