• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Concrete Guys Here?????

ROKRWLR

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a good concrete sub to pour a foundation for a ~10x12 room at our house (NW Denver). A simple spread footing and foundation wall with the top about 1' above the grade......

Anyone here have a good contact???

Thanks.

I used Kenny's several years ago for my 38' driveway, porch and RV pad. He came highly recommended and I am VERY happy with the work. A few months later, I called him to pour a 10x10 pad for a shed I was building....... he said if I build the form, lay down the mesh, he'd supply/pour and finish the concrete for free! He said he generally has a truck or two with excess concrete that he's paid for anyway that would normally go to waste...... Good guy!

http://www.kennysconcrete.com/index.html

Javier Mendoza: 720-620-0526 mobile

Cheap and very, very good. He did this in my backyard. 1/3 the price of the three other estimates I got. You just need a slab..he will be the cheapest, and the best! Tell him John in Castle Rock sent you.

303726516_QfzN4-L.jpg

If it's going to be structural, you better check your local codes. As far as I know, spread footings are not allowed around here, neither are thickened edge slabs. In Thornton, you have to go at least 30" deep(iirc, could be 36) for the foundation to clear frost line.

THIS may help.

that looks great johnjohn!

I need a side walk and steps built from my patio, around a retaining wall, to the back yard and want something similar.

Sorry... I might not have described the whole foundation well.

I will need someone to poor a spread footing (Bottom of footing 36" below grade) and top of foundation wall 12"-18" above grade (I haven't completely decided on the height yet).... It is structural and is for a small addition. I'm tearing down an old porch that is on it's last leg and replacing it with an office.

I will provide all engineering and drawings (my wife and I are both Architects) and pull the permits as I will be doing the framing and other work. I just need a sub to do the foundation work.

Along these lines, if anyone is a structural engineer here and would like to pull in a little $$$ as a side job, pm me.

With everyone in the industry being slow and trying to pull in some work to pay the bills, I figured I'd try and find someone either in the 4x4 community, or a friend of someone if possible.

I'm in NW Denver County.

Thanks guys.....

If it's going to be structural, you better check your local codes. As far as I know, spread footings are not allowed around here, neither are thickened edge slabs. In Thornton, you have to go at least 30" deep(iirc, could be 36) for the foundation to clear frost line.

THIS may help.

That's a nice little addition handout they have in Thorton.... They look much more organized than Denver.

I found that one day when I was thinking about an addition to the house.
Almost all of my 'crete experience came in the Navy, where we couldn't dig 36" deep without hitting the water table. My idea of a spread footing is one that's at least 18" wide(depending on the size of the building) and 12 - 18 high. We never had to worry about a frost line either.

Back