• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another xj built !

jasonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
Here's a few pic's and spec's on my xj
Front axle - 1978 ford 3/4 ton dana hp44, 5.13 gears, yukon grizzly locker, rockcrusher driveflanges, stock axle shaft's( till they break) ballistic fab bracket's
Rear axle - 1978 ford dana 60 5.13 gears, yukon full spool, stock shaft's,
ballistic fab bracket's, solid diff. cover
Wheel's - 8 bolt h1's recentred to 4.5" b.s. with p.v.c inserts,
Tire's - 37-12.50-16.5 hummer tire's
Custom driveshaft's
Steering - ballistic fab heim steering and trackbar
Front Suspension - Rusty's l.a. 6.5" lift
Rear suspension - bastard pack leaf's
016-2.jpg
008-2.jpg
011-3.jpg

wow Im about to go for a very similar wheel/ tire setup! I have a '78 front axle as well, cept its a 1 ton.

Did you order those from trail worth fab? that guy is really nice there. What BS do you have on those H1's? Im thinking 3.5. Gonna get them powder-coated Lime Green!

How do you like those tires? My Cherokee is my DD, so I need good road manners, but im currently running 35" SSR's...dont think the goodyears could be much worse. But at $75 for a 37" tire how could you go wrong!

yes todd a great guy ! i just got it done but a had it to 60 mph no probs so far but my wheels are'nt balanced so it shake's alittle but it's not a D.D . B.S. is 4.5 "

how do the tires do on wet roads? overall, are they alot different then normal wranglers? Are the super stiff?

Yes they are alittle stiff ? don't know about wet road's ? but the military has been using them for year's so they should be ok ?? Have not had a chance to take on the trails yet so time will tell ? will keep you'll informed with pic's and info !

haha no way! I am putting the same axles under my 99 xj! thinking about h1 rims - would spacers work like the ones from ballistic?

I was thinking about going the same way with spacers and stock h1's but a $ 100 a wheel wasn't bad to be recenterd. by the time you buy 4 spacers you could of bought the wheels with the right backspacing.

What springs did you use for the bastard packs in the rear? Im looking to get the 36in RTII's to fit on mine with the same wheels but with 3.5in backspacing.

What springs did you use for the bastard packs in the rear? Im looking to get the 36in RTII's to fit on mine with the same wheels but with 3.5in backspacing.
i used a full set of mid 80's s-10 leafs with the jeep main leaf. they work ok:exclamati flex is not bad but might upgrade at a later date.

Back