• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another sye ?

Shit, Where's the damn yoke part number... my bad..

Maybe this will help.....
http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html
This is a "flange" output(non-Spicer)
590.jpg

This is a "standard" Spicer double-cardon yoke
SYE11.jpg

Yes. The "standard" is what we're all looking for here. Nobody wants to have to buy 2 parts when one will do the job with less work. If anyone knows somewhere to get the "standard" yoke for less that $100 or a vehicle that one could be obtained from (other than a Corvette) I think everyone in this thread would be very happy.

xjh3 exactly man, that would be alot better then $200 but the 200 aint sounding to bad right now after the lift

i'm meaning $200 for the A.A. on Rustys. not for that piece, i've got a front driveshaft in the yard

xjh3 said:
Ok, I appologize, I'm trying to sort this all out in my head. If you get a yoke like this:

Why would you need this?:

spicerpart.jpg

Wouldn't you just bolt the front driveshaft up to the yoke like this?:

frontds.jpg

Which means all you would need is the yoke, the driveshaft, a couple drill bits, a tap, a bolt and a couple washers?

All the details to the answers are in my write up including the part number of the yoke? http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSYEconversion.htm
Dont know why the confusion? You DO NOT need the flange yoke in the top picture if you use the yoke I show instead on a RE type flange. So you have it right now so dont let others confuse you more. ;)

Yeah, thanks. I got it now. It almost seems like at this point buying the Currie flange and Spicer flange might be cheaper, I just didn't want to have to take apart the front driveshaft I get to put the Spicer flange on it. I'm not in a hurry, so I'm gonna do a little more research and looking around.

the part number isnt the same for napa or any other parts place is it? it there a car that i can look it up under?

napa said they dont sell spicer anymore and im still waiting on o'rileys to call back they said they can get it for $63 but didnt give me a part # ill get it when they call me back

well o'rileys never called back, so i called them and the guy never ordered the part and the girl i just talked to when i called back couldnt cross ref the spicer part # so... ZAC i know you are busy, but alill help please???

bump again, polar jeep your being very helpfull. i aint even temped to call yet, but knowin you have just makes me want to drive up there my self and show them a picture of what i want, lol, but any help from anyone would be great, thanks

Back