• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Socal short run to Corral Canyon/Sidewinder...

Hey guys, I just registered, went with the two year membership. Come on air compressor! :) Oh, took the jeep to get it smogged today; I've had a check engine fault for a while, had it diagnosed as a misfire. Well at the smog place, 96 and newer they can't bypass the computer, so i have to take it to the dealership to get the fault code figured out! It's a cool 100 bucks!! Damn. So after that, I get to fix whatever BS caused the fault code. Anyway, just venting. Glad I'm a paying member now.

adamusmc2002 said:
Hey guys, I just registered, went with the two year membership. Come on air compressor! :) Oh, took the jeep to get it smogged today; I've had a check engine fault for a while, had it diagnosed as a misfire. Well at the smog place, 96 and newer they can't bypass the computer, so i have to take it to the dealership to get the fault code figured out! It's a cool 100 bucks!! Damn. So after that, I get to fix whatever BS caused the fault code. Anyway, just venting. Glad I'm a paying member now.
96, that means you should be ODB2: you're better off buying a code reader (abotu $100) so that you can use it in the future.

Welcome to the club and once your membership stuff goes through don't forget to visit the members forum and vote in the BOD elections.

Cool, thanks. I ended up taking it by the hobby shop on base, and they looked up the code for me, for free!! So I had them order me the battery temperature sensor that caused the fault code, and it'll be in by monday. It cost 37 dollars. saved myself $100.

Nic Pic's guys :thumbup: . looks like a pretty nice trail. What you you say min req's would be? What's the smallest tire size you think. Looks like most you guys are running 33'. Wouldn't mind giving it a go sometime, is there somewhere I can find more info about this trail?

Thanks
Rob

FELIX said:
Nic Pic's guys :thumbup: . looks like a pretty nice trail. What you you say min req's would be? What's the smallest tire size you think. Looks like most you guys are running 33'. Wouldn't mind giving it a go sometime, is there somewhere I can find more info about this trail?

Thanks
Rob

Check justruns.com

I will PM you a link to a video too. It is pretty fun and relatively easy trail but a good time.

Rob

FELIX said:
What you you say min req's would be? What's the smallest tire size you think.
Thanks
Rob

Kevin H. had 31's last September when a group of XJ's ran the trail. He didn't have any issues. I know he did a video of the trail, not sure who's hosting it now though.

I think I may have the video, starts out with a black XJ what looks like blowing a heater valve before they even get to the trail & a Grey XJ w/4wd problems. Nice video.

Rob

Yeah- that guy blowing a heater valve I believe was Matt. Sidewinder has changed a little bit, mostly due to washout. It was a pretty good time altogether. I think that a few of us will be running the outer loop at CC this weekend coming (8th). It's a 19 mile trip and takes about 3 hours if everything goes well. Nothing too hard that I remember. Not really a rock trail, but a good drive.

I wouldn't mind trying Sidewinder backwards if time permits.:sunshine:

I kinda wanted to do Bronco Peak, if everyone was up for it. But Sidewinder backwards sounds cool too! It doesn't really matter to me, just kinda worried about how we'd get up that section you almost flopped on. If you've got a plan for that part, I'm up for it, definitely. Do you know if Mike and Scott plan on coming this time?

Adam

NAXJA

If u are thinkin this weekend, count me out.The owner of my Double D cups and I will be"busy"
Are u going to the Socalxj meet tommorrow in vista?Adam????
gimmie a call if u want to go and u can follow me up there. X1348

Last edited:
big black xj said:
If u are thinkin this weekend, count me out.The owner of my Double D cups and I will be"busy"

Mike- I understand your schedule is full for this weekend- too bad though, your winch really came in handy last time.

Adam- I think going up that obstacle will be a little better than going down it. We shall see what happens.

I'll give Scott a call to see if he is going to roll out there.

What time is good for everyone?

Would love to come down sometime & run it with you guys when I get my truck back together. Awaiting parts right now :sunshine:

Rob

I would sure like to join you on this weekend. When and where do you plan on meeting at?

I am set up with a 4.0, AW4, 31's, rear spooled, front open, full skids, 4.5" lift & 3.55 gears.

John

Most of the time we meet up there about 6am but I am thinking 8-9ish. How bout the rest of you?

Yeah, 8-9ish at four corners? That's what I was planning on. What runs does everyone wanna do? I think Los Pinos is for sure, then either sidewinder backwards, or bronco peak. Damn I can't wait!

John, you should be good, if you haven't drivin these trails yet, your setup should be fine. Anxious to meet ya.

Rob, four corners work for you?

Coullt, 8-9ish at four corners sound good?

Mike, not sure if I can make the vista meet, too short of notice. I've really only kept up on this website, two clubs is too much for me right now. Thanks though, for the invite.

Last edited:
Back