• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another reason to not shop at woodys 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So out of all the work Woody's does, have they pissed anyone else off like this? It is a major frustration when you by something from a shop and you get a run around. I guess we can all say there is that one place we would never buy parts from... Woody's did the gears in my Jeep Parts & install $900. They are very expensive with most all there parts, I got a pretty sweet deal on the gears so I took it. All my other parts came from either off line or other parts places.

My .02

yes woody's does a lot for the wheeling community. And yes their parts and labor are a bit over the top. I have seen first hand their horrible customer service and thats why I don't shop there. The guy at the counter is not friendly or helpful. Ask him about a product and he'll more times than not throw a catalog at you. If your a friend of someone there, you get the red carpet. If your not you get the shaft. I had them do an alignment on my first jeep and they re-installed my rusty's steering upside down and stripped the locking nut on the end. Causing my jeep to get death wobble when the nut spun loose at 50mph. Tried to resolve it and they said it was fine when I picked it up and that I must have caused it. But they could fix it for a fee. FTS. then they sold me the wrong length ubolts for the lift on my ramcharger. got it all taken apart on a sun and i was f'ed trying to find ubolts at 5pm on a sun. for an 8in lift. I've heard horror stories about woody's a million times. Just because a shop contributes to our hobby doesn't mean they should get away with bad business habits and horrible customer service. I'm tryin to tell anyone to stay away or that they are the devil or anything. Just saying yes this stuff happens there quite a bit. I won't go there but you are welcome to.

This is a perfect example of how the 4 wheeling community, Jeep guys and the consumer in general can take care of this. If Woody's is this bad, people will stop going there. Stop paying their outrages prices and taking there horrible customer service. Then Woody's either fixes the problems or they go out of business. It might be that there is no competition for them. They are the only shop like it in the Vancouver area.

Now I shop at Central 4WD in delta park. or the internet and do my own work. If IHAVE to take it to a shop I go to either Good Guys or Jeep West.

Hi, this is Tom from Woody's. A friend of mine pointed this thread out and I wanted the opportunity to comment.

While I was not involved in the situation described, it looks like we dropped the ball. We try and provide good customer service to all of our customers, and somehow we failed in this situation. For that, I apologize.

We have been getting some push back on warranty returns from many of our vendors. I have been in contact with Warn to get further clarification on this subject to ensure that this does not happen again.

BPB if there is something I can do let me know. I would like to help resolve this situation with you.

What's funny about this thread is the fact of a forum is to give and exchange advice.. ben clearly stated facts and got a negative reaction from another user of this forum. Totally un called for. I hope they make it right as it is the right thing to do. Not just because ben complained.

What's funny about this thread is the fact of a forum is to give and exchange advice.. ben clearly stated facts and got a negative reaction from another user of this forum. Totally un called for. I hope they make it right as it is the right thing to do. Not just because ben complained.

far from the truth. many complain about vendors and customer service and dont tell the whole story. instead of bitching about woodys he could have called warn and then explained it to woodys. problem solved. he would have saved some gas $$. instead people bitch

This is a perfect example of how the 4 wheeling community, Jeep guys and the consumer in general can take care of this. If Woody's is this bad, people will stop going there. Stop paying their outrages prices and taking there horrible customer service. Then Woody's either fixes the problems or they go out of business. It might be that there is no competition for them. They are the only shop like it in the Vancouver area.
Some people just do not know any better and will continue to deal with sub-par service.
far from the truth. many complain about vendors and customer service and dont tell the whole story. instead of bitching about woodys he could have called warn and then explained it to woodys. problem solved. he would have saved some gas $$. instead people bitch
Although this is a valid point, the fact remains he should not HAVE to do the extra work just to get a part replaced.Yes, we do not know the full story. But vendors/retail stores are middle men and need to do their part.
Some people suck, that is life. But, if you're going to make an omlette you have to break some eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back