• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another off road trailer/camper build

Hate black widows...but they do make the nicest noise when they squish. I would have torched the whole trailer on finding the first one....guess I just hate spiders.

Last edited:
Sorry but why did you buy a full trailer then tear it all apart? Why not just take an axle out of the junk yard and build a frame suited for offroading?

Unless ofcourse you paid almost nothing for it.

PSSSSSSTTTTT
I hear it was so cheap he couldn't say NO..

OH, why do we buy good running stock jeeps to tear them apart and lift,beat the crap out of them..Cause it is FUN

Wow yeah thats a very good deal. lol. Good find. I like where hes going with it I was just wondering why someone would PAY for a camper, tear it down then pay more and rebuild it.

Now it makes sense. Thanks

Yea the camper was free from a member on here, the roof, floors, and tent were all rotted out so I figured why not rebuild it from the ground up? I figure if I put a little money/time into it then it would be well worth it in the long run. :) I dont have a huge wallet so this is gonna take some time, the most expensive part is going to be the tent replacement @ $900 :(

But hey, its 900$ well spent. Take your time and build everything slowly.

If you put truck leafs on it and fab up some mounts you could actually lift your trailer to the same ground clearance as your jeep. :D

Hate black widows...but they do make the nicest noise when they squish. I would have torched the whole trailer on finding the first one....guess I just hate spiders.

Yeah same. Those things are nasty! look forward to seeing progress on the trailer.

Haven't made any progress since the last update, I've been working 50hrs a week and haven't had any time. :( hopefully after thanksgiving I can get the floor/walls/roof done! Still trying to get my hands on a couple of parts too before I start the wood work...

Free is a good price.

I will never bitch about living in MI where it's f'n cold. cold=no spiders that bite.

This should be a cool build, not a bad way of going about it, the parts like stove, H2O stuff and heat are worth the work put into it.

Fore 'spiders suck' Wheeler

ok, its after Thanksgiving so why aren't you dont yet?!?!

ok, its after Thanksgiving so why aren't you dont yet?!?!

NO CHIT..
He will say he is working alot of hours, then his girlfriend wants to spend time with him..But we desert folks know better, she just wants his trailer cash..LOL..;)
Tone get off your butt and finished this thing..

PS
did you get your steering replaced yet? :laugh3:

Sorry guys, been busy building a fence and putting up bars in the windows getting ready for the "ghetto Santa" that takes presents and doesn't leave anything... planning on doing the floor this Tuesday. Everything on the frame is ready to go, gonna be keeping the stock axel for now cause Scott is too lazy to go take a pic of the small trailer axel in his yard so idk if it's what I want or not, if it's not I'll go with a free d35 that's sitting in his yard ;)

The frame is heavy btw... Put it on it's side by myself but getting it down was a whole new can of worms... Let's just say I'm lucky I didn't get hurt. :)

Pics to come...

Sorry guys, been busy building a fence and putting up bars in the windows getting ready for the "ghetto Santa" that takes presents and doesn't leave anything... planning on doing the floor this Tuesday. Everything on the frame is ready to go, gonna be keeping the stock axel for now cause Scott is too lazy to go take a pic of the small trailer axel in his yard so idk if it's what I want or not, if it's not I'll go with a free d35 that's sitting in his yard ;)

The frame is heavy btw... Put it on it's side by myself but getting it down was a whole new can of worms... Let's just say I'm lucky I didn't get hurt. :)

Pics to come...

I'd bet the Dana axle is considerably narrower then the pop-up axle... did you check out that trailer supply co. site I sent ??

Curt

Yea I checked it out, they have some good prices but Scott said he had some laying around so I thought I'd check his stash out before I got my wallet out. :)

DAM tone
I'm in and out of the hospital and doctors office and i still get more done than you.. So i guess now it is to cold to work on it right? LOL..Come on man get back on this..My stuff is to big for this build, these axles are for mobile homes and the such..BUT i do have a small axle that would work for you..Get me some numbers, then i can messure this axle i have..

Back