• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another non-Jeeping camping trip again this fall?

What about Indiana dunes area?

How about in Iowa? Somewhere non Indiana or Illinois. This chapter is too big.....

Honey Creek north of centervile iowa is very nice.

We could use this in place of SMORR since I just sold the RZR. What month are you thinking? Late September sometime?

I'd like to go, but over 8 hours away for a weekend...

makes the drive vs fun factor that seanR talks about harder to justify...

mac 'will keep watching for something concrete' gyvr

honey creek would be a great spot for anyone that can bring boats too...if my vacation time wasn't all eaten away this year i would consider heading back for a long weekend :)

i know there are a few nice places along the mississippi river too on the iowa side

Or even Hannibal is an idea that gets it a bit more centrally located. I am game for that too.

With our limited vacation days this year we are probably out this trip. Driving to Iowa is quite a trip for a weekend. Enjoyed last years group trip but also agree it needs to move as well so more people in the chapter can join in.

You should've bought a dodge and it would.

mac 'tow mirrors out!' gyvr

I had to install an extra fuel tank on our Dodge...not because it used it, because it makes that much fuel :D

I must have the only cummins that COSTS money to drive...

mac 'and I sit on 90 gallons' gyvr

bringing this back up.

I have my shoulder surgery scheduled for August 3rd, so late September would not be too bad for me I believe. Will likely still have arm in sling but I can still lift a coozie with my other arm :D

I must have the only cummins that COSTS money to drive...

mac 'and I sit on 90 gallons' gyvr

My dad's neighbor kid was over there yesterday, he is 19 and in college for farm stuff. Double mailboxing, How to get a complete wardrobe from your seed dealer, and I think he is taking an elective also, Choosing the biggest thing to drive down the road at 8:00 AM.

Anyway, he has an older Dodge Cummins, and guess what, it gets 25 MPG pulling a 20,000 pound cattle trailer.

Imagine that.....

Back