• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another MJ build thread ...

Yeah I'll bypass the fuel pump resistor too.

I'll mess with the grounds and c101 again.

Ya both renix I had had tar and crud allll in it.. I tried to clean that one out but I spent a good 30 mins and figured my time was better spent just soldering them together.. Never got around to it.

Hopefully you got it figured out bruh!

if you're familiar mentioning the c101 is like saying a really horrible curse word x10.

Consider checking your ignition switch. The one on my heep was failing and would do occasional cut out.

It's not really cutting out. It's just idling like crap .

swapped out the EGR, injectors, FPR, spark plugs, swapped the ground at the back of the block , and the wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. jumped a ground from the TPS to the tire wall, and recalibrated the TPS. cleaned the C101 like 10 times. swapped in a bunch of different MAP sensors, disconnected the MAT sensor a few times, checked for vacuum leaks (its idling low, not high) disconnected the IAC.
cleaned the distributor cap, but it looked good anyway.

I also checked fuel pressure for about 20 minutes straight, it was fine. fuel pressure drops once I turn it off though, but not while its running.

it kinda wants to off idle but its a lot better , and idles like crap, but then sometimes it idles really good.
runs good off idle, except for the occasional stumbling coming off idle. I still need to figure out whats going on.

could a bad battery or alternator do this?
I will keep checking connections.
bad cat- bad cat would fall flat on its face at speed though right?

it seems to run pretty good at speed.

fixed it.
did all the work today and somehow did not reconnect the #2 plug wire. thats why no matter what I did it ran like crap. Once I figured that out, it was all good to go. now it runs better than ever after all the work on it... and I know its all good.

even threw my old snap on brick scanner on it, and couldn't find any issues.

Anyone got any 7mmo for sale ?

7mm magnum. I just grabbed 2 boxes. thats all I will shoot at 35$ a box. if my 7.62x54 was working I have like 400 rounds for that but its jammed bad.

Walmart only had Remington for 36.

Can sometimes find it at Walmart for 22 a box. Federal brand, 150 grain.

dang what walmart do you go to?! I wish my local walmart sold ammo. Im down to 200rnds of .22lr and 0 of .308. Unfortuently the jeep is sucking all my shooting money away from me. :bawl:

the WJ brake booster went out . no more power brakes.
going to swap out the unit bearing that was "loose" this last week, and get a spare rear DS made up.

ordered a set of U bolts and plates from these guys today. cheaper than RS by far and free shipping and no tax:

http://rocktactics.com

also ordered today:

headlights and harnesses ,
spare pitman arm,
2 gauge jumper cables,
7014 welding rod

and pricing out rod ends to replace the crappy rough country joints.

I need to hit up PNP for WJ brake boosters...

going to be doing a spring over on the MJ soon and building a rear bumper, rear quarters will be cut out, and repairing the rock slider mounting points.

took the MJ out on brewer lake, swamp lake, red lake, bald mtn last week for Sierra Fest 2015. Don't really have any pics though.

Back