• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another MJ build thread ...

Damn Jon! You've been busy with that thing. Sounds like you've narrowed it down. Did you check your sensor voltages going into the computer at the computer connector?

No. I probably should have done that.

ugly c101 mess

decided since I was on a roll to do the Ebrake cable since it was snapped when I got it.

you have to remove the driver side front seat and the carpet to get it out so its a little more involved with a MJ foot brake. this one was like 15$ on rockauto .

really been bringing this MJ back from the dead, fixing so much on it.

I also need the cable that goes from the door brake to the release handle, this one is about to go.

Last edited:
Maybe you should have converted to an XJ park brake handle, since you have a center console..

Ugh. thought it was fixed. drove it today and it died in the middle of the road. Back to the drawing board.

Think I might have fixed the thing.
Swapped out the ICM for a known working one,
swapped in a new distributor,
and cleaned up a ground to the battery from the fender,
and tightened up the connections to the battery, one was a little loose, but not by much. seems to be running great now , I guess only time will tell.

Turn signals stopped working on the way into work today.

I hate renix wiring im happy i have a 96 now 0b2!

yeah, I have been loving my 98. hook up my old 30$ HF OBD2 scanner and replace the sensor or part for the given code.

this thread really lacks pics

I know
my photo bucket app on my phone sucks right now and I am too lazy to figure out why

did so much work, was driving fine. now its dying randomly on me again. Ugh . I hate this.

it will die, lights all stay on, if I let it sit for minute or two, then floor the gas pedal and keep cranking it will eventually start.

so many new parts, mopar CPS included , it does have an old TPS on it , but it was driving great for 100 miles and now its dying pretty frequently.

FML.

New parts:
new ignition coil
mopar CPS
TPS is an older one (multiple new ones seemed to suck and not work )
ford injectors
dizzy
cap rotor
plugs
bosch fuel pump
FPR
ignition switch
ICM
alternator
battery
deleted ballast resistor
c101 delete
frequent ground refresh
new TCU
new ECU
new plug wires
cleaned NSS - (could this be out of adjustment? )
fuel pump relays
cleaned fuel pump ground
air filter
temporarily deleted EGR to help diagnose
new o2
bored TB
newer IAC

I hate diagnosing this sort of thing.

I am ready to take it in to a shop. I just have no clue which shops are worth taking it into.

Last edited:
Damn!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

yeah its getting annoying now. I am going to move CPS closer to the flywheel, and swap the fuel filter and some other odds and ends. I can never test it when it dies- its always at the worst spot.... and ill start tracing ign and fuel wiring around for chaffed wiring and what not.

Try putting a stock TB back on. One thing I don't seem to see on your list is a MAF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I think I already replaced it, but I have more to try to swap in just for the hell of it . it tested fine. pretty sure I put a new one in from my last rig.

Back