• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Issue Unfortunately Overheating

I think NAPA has been playing with their part numbers (again).

Anyway, the ZJ MAX COOL option was the HD fan clutch. In my notes that was NAPA 272310 HOWEVER on NAPAProlink or NAPAonline they now list part number 272314 as the 1993-1998 ZJ MAX COOL option.

So, if you buy the 272314 and it doesn't fit, well, not sure what to say. Same goes for the 272310 number, however, it is described as a "HD" fan clutch.

Thanks bro. Its definitely going to be done Sunday. :cheers:

Shroud x13268478807238477

(especially before you throw $$$$ at anything else aside from that fan clutch..)

A new shroud can be purchased thru Geek Parts for $8.
The 98 ZJ HD clutch fan is for the 4.0L version not the V8; that is where a lot of part number mistakes are made.

X2 on the shroud. It is there for a purpose, and that is to help direct air over the engine. X2 on keeping it stock. The original design works. No need for a fancy row of aftermarket fans off eBay. You may want to add a bottle of Red Line Water Wetter into the radiator. The stuff works, especially in stop-and-go traffic. It acts to increase the contact between the surface of the radiator's cooling tubes and the coolant. Always use distilled water to make your 50-50 mix of coolant-to-water. This will prevent mineral deposits you can get from using tap water.

X2 on the shroud. It is there for a purpose, and that is to help direct air over the engine. X2 on keeping it stock. The original design works. No need for a fancy row of aftermarket fans off eBay. You may want to add a bottle of Red Line Water Wetter into the radiator. The stuff works, especially in stop-and-go traffic. It acts to increase the contact between the surface of the radiator's cooling tubes and the coolant. Always use distilled water to make your 50-50 mix of coolant-to-water. This will prevent mineral deposits you can get from using tap water.

thanks i found out that its reveresed it gets hot while on the freeway someone mentioned to flush out the whole system and o course fan shroud ill do those before getting a fan clutch and a new radiator

Back