• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another HOT tease...

TRSCobra said:
I somehow don't think it would work too well. Look at the internals.

_40_series_delta.jpg

My sentiments exactly!

is That correct though? with the low gears it could be reading that and you might be going 60.

I figure you would have had that done. Theres also the only running on 5 cylinders thing that prevents me from going that fast.

WaXJ_Skier said:
I figure you would have had that done. Theres also the only running on 5 cylinders thing that prevents me from going that fast.

It shouldn't....Matt was running on 5.25 cylinders during the week.

John90XJ said:
It shouldn't....Matt was running on 5.25 cylinders during the week.
Hahaha. Exactly. As a matter of fact, my intermittent 5-cyl issue was at it's worst during the drive there, when that pic was taken.

BTW, John; did you ever compile your final MPG figures? My rough calculations show something like 12.8 overall, and 16.15 for the drive there and back.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Hahaha. Exactly. As a matter of fact, my intermittent 5-cyl issue was at it's worst during the drive there, when that pic was taken.

BTW, John; did you ever compile your final MPG figures? My rough calculations show something like 12.8 overall, and 16.15 for the drive there and back.

-----Matt-----

Hahahaha I don't know what H got, but I averaged just under 11. :( I guess not THAT bad for taking my house /w me and weighing in at 22K #.

J

IXNAYXJ said:

From the Gas Mileage thread in Modified Tech:

Driving from Moab to Seattle, via the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Rig is a '90 XJ, 33x12.50 MTs at 30 psi, 4.0 with 258k miles running Delo 400 15-40 oil, AW4 with a tranny cooler and using Comfort position and shifting manually to 3rd when the RPMs dropped below 2k, 6.5 inches of lift, rig weighed 4975 pounds with passengers, 2.5% error factor on odometer confirmed over 100 mile stretch of milemarkers and GPS and the calculated mileage for the 982.2 miles of driving that had full fuel added at each stop was 17.63 mpg. Average speed over the distance was around 62 mph.

Most of this was at >4000 feet in altitude on 87-88 octane fuel. Stock Renix motor with early HO injectors, big K&N filter and 2.25" exhaust, with catco and large freeflow muffler. Temperatures ranged from 50* in the morning to about 95* in the afternoon.

The trip down was done at about 65 mph and the mileage was 17.03 mpg.

The weighted average over both directions was 17.34 mpg.

There were four major changes from our 2005 trip which netted a weighted average of 17.15 mpg:

Lift height is now higher by 2.5"
Roof rack is removed and all gear was inside
Overall weight increased by close to 200 pounds
Change in fuel injectors

The first and third items seem counter intuitive but the overall mileage did increase.

IXNAYXJ said:
When you put it that way. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, John. I actually did better than I thought I would, all things considered.

BTW, Moustache...is my tire in yet?

-----Matt-----

Long story. It showed up, but they wouldn't leave it. For some reason they had put that a CERTIFIED check was required for payment instead of my usual company check. It is all straightened out and will be back tomorrow.

J

Avanteone said:
Cool. What else do I need to sell you? :D

I don't know about him but you can sell me an Aussie locker for my D30

IXNAYXJ said:
Sell him some axle shafts while you're at it. I guarentee you it won't be long until he needs them! Do you still have that set of Yukon D30 shafts sitting sround...?

-----Matt-----

They said they would call me back. I hope the aussie didn't sold in the 2 minutes it took for me to call down there :hang:

Matt and Joe as far as heat shields go what are your plans, or how are you going to avoid the heat?

I just noticed my muffler has been baking away at my floorboards as well. I got a nice golfball sized hole under the rear seat, and all the insulation is fused together :shocked:.

Im thinking i'll be shopping around for a cookie sheet this week.

Back