• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Cowl Induction Idea

red97xj i dont think anything bigger than 3" will fit, because it will hit the hood when you close it. besides the throttle body isn't three inches around anyway. so it would kind of be a waste of time to get it to fit. but if you used the home hvac duct that i described earlier you could use four inch and just oval it some, for a better fit. i still might get some and change it over to that because i think it would make for a cleaner looking install. if i do i'll post some more pics also it hasnt been very hot here sence i did this nor has it rained so i still dont have any comments on that yet. but i can say that it has more a$$ in the hills at interstate speeds, and there is some hissing noise when you first start it, butt that goes away in a few min once it gets some warmth in it. although that will probbly last longer in the colder months. also i didn't seal up the air box compleatly, the drain holes on the bottom are still open. so if any water would get in there it will drain out. i didn't seal them because i don't plan on driving through water that deep. i did this more or less to keep splashing water out.

Last edited:
OK, looks like I am going to copy Alan's idea. It is the best I have come with for cheap. He has 4" alum. duct tubing with gutter from round to square at both ends, it has to be the best function I have seen yet.

thanks for the pics Alan. can you post for everyone else.

He did a great install, especially inside the air box, extremely precise!

here is how I did mine I used RV sewer hose from walmart and a fitting for the hose. The whole thing cost me $6. I plan on cleaning up the blue silicone up these pic were right after i finished
click thumbnail for larger pic
click thumbnail for larger pic

Last edited:
i have read about people running an air tube from the inside of their cabs, up along the roofline. If your into that big mud type of thing...

oh- and these guys were running windsheild wipers on the INDSIDE of their rigs as well as the outside... hardcore mud.
see "Southern Mud Fun" on page 82 of Petersons 4wheel and off road October edition...

I've already got the rear airbox flange done, but before I cut into the cowl, what do you guys who've done this already do about slush/ice buildup in the winter? I can't walk out of work everyday with a gallon of hot water to dump on the cowl area. Just wondering.

If you were a Dodge diesel fan you would see a intake setup the same as what you did. This came out a long time ago. Scottys II , I belive it is. it take the high pressure area in front of the windshield to force air into the intake system. Pretty cool setup.

Back