• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And so the blood bath begins

Last edited:
I am long past all that, house is paid off, 4 jeeps are paid for,.. for (but still pay property taxes each year) I am more worried about my kids who are just starting out in College right now, and I'm worried about you guys who don't seem to realize the long term implications of what is happening world wide right now.
I do consulting work here for a venture capital firm that has tried recently to change banks on a line a credit based on commercial real estate, and I can tell you right now from experience the big commercial credit operations are frozen, and they were so tight a month ago, we could see this coming.

The only long term ramifications are that debt to asset ratio's will have to be brought down to a level that they should have been years ago from the blue collar worker all the way up to the silk shirt crowd. The funny money will stop flowing. I'm willing to bet that your venture capital group was stretching themselves somewhat thin & the banks reined them in..., but I don't know you or your business & I won't go that far out on a limb. What I can say is that we're (my business) not having any problem in the slightest. Our asset to debt is very low (that's how we like it) & money is not hard to get. Borrower's are simply going to have to prove that they can afford what they're buying & put a substantial amount down to get it. They'll actually have to save for it (novel concept).

Well I think for those of us who want to buy a house, a car, or get personal loans things might get tougher depending on your credit score.

Unemployment may increase if businesses (especially small businesses) cannot borrow money to keep up with demand.

People that are retiring may not be able to right now.

People that have retired and are heavy into the stock market may be in short term trouble.

Congress will pass the bailout.

The stock market went up, what 400+ points today?

The longer congress delays the bailout the more oil prices will drop, which is the whole problem right now anyway. Don't get me wrong those banks doing the ARM loans etc and risky loans are a big problem, but if the price of oil was down around $1.80 we wouldn't have hit this crisis right now.

Donald Trump was on Fox News yesterday talking about oil going to $20 to $25 a barrel if congress doesn't pass the bailout bill. He said the free market economy should be left to fix itself. I tend to agree, but you never know about people like Trump. He may be doing his best to sway people in the direction that would make him the most money.

Although I don't know anyone that listens to Donald except Rossie. ;)

Well that right there is the reason Dems want to pass the bailout bill - they want to see gas hit $5 a gallon so everyone runs out and buys their "environmentally friendly" cars, and buys up carbon credits and all that CRAP that they are invested in....

Bush and his stubbornness is really starting to piss me off....

...yes, I said it....

and one more thing.....

So much for the Obama commercials and "4 years of the same"

One of these candidates is voting along with Bush, the other isn't....

I'll give you a hint - McCain ISN'T voting along with Bush.....

Well that right there is the reason Dems want to pass the bailout bill - they want to see gas hit $5 a gallon so everyone runs out and buys their "environmentally friendly" cars, and buys up carbon credits and all that CRAP that they are invested in....

...yes, I said it....

and one more thing.....

What is that Bush is voting on?

Yes the sun rose today and will set tonight and God willing and the creeks don't rise I'll be in Moab on Monday. party1:

Unfortunately the Creek rose here already, Hurricane Ike.

Typical move...when cornered with facts, it's best to change the subject.....or start a different arguement. :laugh2:

In case you need a reminder about checks and balances, the President must approve (or veto) any bill that goes thru Congress....hence, that is his "vote"

Bush (his administration/advisors) is the one that proposed the $700 billion buyout....the one that Obama agrees with....and McCain doesn't....

....oh look, a KITTY!

:D

Last edited:
In case you need a reminder about checks and balances, the President must approve (or veto) any bill that goes thru Congress....hence, that is his "vote"

Bush (his administration/advisors) is the one that proposed the $700 billion buyout....the one that Obama agrees with....and McCain doesn't....

....oh look, a KITTY!

KItty, Where???? LOL.

I guess my point was he has nothing to sign or veto (vote on) yet. Never heard it called a Presidential vote before, a veto or a signature into law yes.

Just being picky, I get so few chances to pick on you!

moz-screenshot.jpg

...yes, I said it....

and one more thing.....

Where did you get the idea that McCain is not currently in bed with Obama and Bush on this bail out plan? All I have heard the last few days is Obama and McCain saying the same exact thing regarding the bail out.

Can't see that pic on your hard drive. There's something blocking the connection.

Sorry, I was in a hurry, headed out the door, I don't even know where that extra text junk came from, it is a typo.

Back