• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And so, it begins...

Years ago it was illegal to use the SS# for ANYTHING but Social security. When I went in the Navy I got a separate service number, in fact that number could be used to tell where you were from and the month you were sworn in. I think it was around 74 that the military changed to SS#, that was the camels nose into the tent and the start of a national ID number. It was instituted by President Johnson, a democrat, in 69, as one of the last things he did before leaving office, the army and air force switched first, the navy and marines followed in 72. Prior to that there was a note on the SS cards that said 'NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION' big letters on the bottom of the card, thats what mine has on it. It was one of the big steps towards a police state which is where we are headed now and have been for quite a few years.

I went into boot camp in June 75 and was given a service number...graduating in July was told to use my SSN.

I can't wait til I can register to vote via Text Messaging....

EDIT: I'm gonna regret saying that when the 2012 Presidential Elections end up like American Idol voting - call/text your votes in....:doh:

you do realize that is the next step for this country...

the article is funny

A letter sent out in virginia states that due to crown control interests, republicans will vote on the 4th, and democrats on the 5th.

Not to get back on topic, but I voted yesterday (Adams Cnty, CO) and everything went really smoothly. Including the stop at Advance, to exchange a TRE(right box, wrong part), the whole thing took about 30 minutes.
lol, I spent just enough time trying to get that damned left-hand threaded tre into a right-hand threaded hole :doh: to feel like I needed a beer. Standing there talking to the girl, just spinning that damn thing until the 'WTF is going on here?!' finally set in.

You thinks it's bad now, wait till we get same-day voter registration.:wow:

That's alright all that information will be on the microchip.

You thinks it's bad now, wait till we get same-day voter registration.:wow:

That's alright all that information will be on the microchip.

...the microchip implanted in your hand.....:thumbup:

There is a guy from ethiopia at my work who is head over heels for obama, I have sat and gave him fact after fact about him, and during the time I mentioned that he did coke, not that that was the big deal, but I was refering to his buddy that he shunned.

The guy got all upset and said I was a liar and that Obama wouldnt do that, lol...

I was like WOW, then on thursday he asked me when everyone votes so I told him about Obama supporters needing to vote on the 5th, lol

(he cant vote anyways)

nice

it really amazes me how stupid some of those who are voting for Obama are. "Judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." Who said that? Oh yeah, only the most important black man in history. But lets just disregard arguably the most important speech in our nation's history, and vote for him just because hes black.

it really amazes me how stupid some of those who are voting for Obama are. "Judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." Who said that? Oh yeah, only the most important black man in history. But lets just disregard arguably the most important speech in our nation's history, and vote for him just because hes black.

James Brown?

Pretty sure it was MLK. He is more of a symbol and nobody actually listens to what he said now, probably think its too dated to be of any use.:dunno:

~Alex

people who are voting for Obama are ignorant as hell.

Trust me on this...the same can be said about people voting for Senator McCain...there are sheeple in both camps.

Example: It's easy, you know someone who only votes Republican. Knows nothing of Senator McCains voting record, probably voted for Huckabee or Guiliani in the primary and is now supporting Senator McCain because he's the Republican candidate. That's a form of ignorance, voting party line because.

Same thing for those that will ONLY vote for a Democrat party line, or union recommendations.

Today, while researching other issues to be decided on Tuesday (see Sewer Vote thread) my oldest duaghter and I were speaking of the past votes for President. She has only voted twice so far. She asked about my voting record and I had to count it out. Starting in 1976 with President Ford vs. President Carter. The tally: 4 dems & 4 repubs.

Trust me on this...the same can be said about people voting for Senator McCain...there are sheeple in both camps.

Starting in 1976 with President Ford vs. President Carter. The tally: 4 dems & 4 repubs.

agree 100% with point #1. As a fiscal conservative and social libertarian, I am usually torn both ways, but will vote for conservatism when pressed.

point #2-- I don't think there are four Dems I would even wish to talk to since 1976....... unless I was trying to score some coke or a Cuban cigar...:peace:

...don't forget about hookers....

Back