• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

An alternative for those who cant make the hidden falls run

bigjim350

NAXJA Forum User
Me and a few fellow jeepers are gonna go ride the trails at Creekside Edge on 10/23 (sat) We will meet up at the FlynJ @ 242 & 59 at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome to come along. I belive it costs $15 to get in. Their website is www.creeksideedge.com It doesn't say they allow jeeps, but I asure you they do. I have been there many times with the jeep. If you have any questions or wanna go, just let me know. There will be a group from xjtalk there as well as a group from HoustonJeeppeople. Would love to see a group from NAXJA there as well. From now till then ill post pics and pictures from runs we have been on.

no I'm not going because the last event i went to was rom and it was a cluster f*ck. But i do wheel my jeep all the time just look on xjtalk and you'll see how much my jeep gets wheeled and i bet its alot more than most

no I'm not going because the last event i went to was rom and it was a cluster f*ck. But i do wheel my jeep all the time just look on xjtalk and you'll see how much my jeep gets wheeled and i bet its alot more than most

Well, it's unfortunate but it doesn't appear that our chapter leaders are taking any initiative. I remember ROM 2010 well. That was over-engineered, this is the opposite. It's really a shame: I've begged and pleaded to have an official chapter event somewhere in Centex rather than always being NW Of Dallas or in AR. Now, when it happens, nobody from up north wants to come here. Nm the fact that some us have to travel 6 to 8 hours or more to get up there. Hell, even after Kurt had declared that this would be a Centex event, we had former RRC BODs trying to influence a decision to have it in their own backyard. Now, in this thread, we've got forum users advertising for competing events.

Looks like it's going to be all of 4 or 5 of us there this weekend.

Rant over.....for now.

Well, it's unfortunate but it doesn't appear that our chapter leaders are taking any initiative. I remember ROM 2010 well. That was over-engineered, this is the opposite. It's really a shame: I've begged and pleaded to have an official chapter event somewhere in Centex rather than always being NW Of Dallas or in AR. Now, when it happens, nobody from up north wants to come here. Nm the fact that some us have to travel 6 to 8 hours or more to get up there. Hell, even after Kurt had declared that this would be a Centex event, we had former RRC BODs trying to influence a decision to have it in their own backyard. Now, in this thread, we've got forum users advertising for competing events.

Rant over.....for now.

Is this directed at me? When Kurt was looking at ideas, all I said I was headed to Clayton in September...(BTW, Clayton is still a 4.5 hour trip for me. I also traveled 7 hours to the first ROM. Not hardly my back yard!)

Instead of ragging on the current and former BOD of this chapter, man up, accept your nomination, and run it yourself!

Everybody seems to think it is easy to run an organization until it is their turn.

Rant over.....for now.

well if you were at rom 2010 i was the one who told kirk what i thought of the whole them in the rv and us freezing are balls off around the camp fire waiting for them to tell us what was next and as far as us (forum users)trying to steal the show were not trying to do that this was put on here for those of us who cant go up there or cant afford to go up there. btw this place is damn near in mine and bigjims backyard we go there about 2 or 3 time a month

Last edited:
This was not meant to compete with any Official Run. I was just putting up as a chance for some local people to dust of there ride and Wheel it. And as far as being just a forum user, what am I paying for if I join? I come and look here from time to time just to see if maybe there is something going on. Nope, no meet and greet, hardly any wheeling. So whats the point. I have gone wheeling with some great people from XJTALK and Houston Jeep people, and have NEVER been asked for any money. Pay for the great advice you say, well if I belived half the advice on this forum, I would think I need D60's, 40", lockers, and long arms to get down my driveway. And if there are any questions you get flamed like crazy. So become a member? May as well pay a whore to come over and Not screw me while she talks shit to me. Oh and if you check out xjtalk, please enjoy the pic of my jeep on the home screen.

Is this directed at me? When Kurt was looking at ideas, all I said I was headed to Clayton in September...(BTW, Clayton is still a 4.5 hour trip for me. I also traveled 7 hours to the first ROM. Not hardly my back yard!)

Instead of ragging on the current and former BOD of this chapter, man up, accept your nomination, and run it yourself!

Everybody seems to think it is easy to run an organization until it is their turn.

I apologize. I see now that you never actually said to have it in bridgeport. From this page of the previous fall trip thread, I guess I just forgot that it was other people suggesting Hot Springs and Clayton. All things considered, we did mash it up a little there regarding where. I was just getting who it was who actually said to go to other places confused. Like I said, sorry for mixing it up with you.

I have not ragged on any BOD of this chapter. I've been very reserved about what I've said thus far. The fact is, nothing is being organized here. The people who accepted nominations, and thus were elected, are not exactly stepping up to the plate in my opinion. That is the most outright I've spoken about the way I feel up to this point.

I think I outlined it pretty well in the nomination thread why I cannot consciously accept the nomination. I feel that the chapter deserves more than I can offer this next year.

well if you were at rom 2010 i was the one who told kirk what i thought of the whole them in the rv and us freezing are balls off around the camp fire waiting for them to tell us what was next and as far as us (forum users)trying to steal the show were not trying to do that this was put on here for those of us who cant go up there or cant afford to go up there. btw this place is damn near in mine and bigjims backyard we go there about 2 or 3 time a month

No, I distinctly remember the situation....and you. I remember trying to calm people down too at that point. ROM sucked. I got lucky winning the bumper but I would have felt like the trip was a total bust had I not. I drove 10 hours and 500 miles round trip to wheel for 4 minutes.

I'm not trying to start a users vs. members fight. I was just pointing out that this invite is kinda ripping on what is supposed to be the official fall trip. If you don't want to come, fine. I'm not going to make you.

This was not meant to compete with any Official Run. I was just putting up as a chance for some local people to dust of there ride and Wheel it. And as far as being just a forum user, what am I paying for if I join? I come and look here from time to time just to see if maybe there is something going on. Nope, no meet and greet, hardly any wheeling. So whats the point. I have gone wheeling with some great people from XJTALK and Houston Jeep people, and have NEVER been asked for any money. Pay for the great advice you say, well if I belived half the advice on this forum, I would think I need D60's, 40", lockers, and long arms to get down my driveway. And if there are any questions you get flamed like crazy. So become a member? May as well pay a whore to come over and Not screw me while she talks shit to me. Oh and if you check out xjtalk, please enjoy the pic of my jeep on the home screen.

Like I mentioned above, not trying to start a user/member fight. It was more about the timing of the weekend that you're advertising. I just found xjtalk a few days ago and actually signed up. It's all Houston based as far as I can tell but I wouldn't mind heading out that way sometime and wheeling with ya. I've recently joined the Centex Offroad Militia so that I can get out and wheel with some locals. As far as the what you pay for and what you get, I'm starting to question that myself. I've got some serious concerns for this chapter. That being said, I don't mind contributing once a year for the general overall support of naxja.

in defence of kurt, rom 2010 sucked for him to. broke on the way there and was frustrated bout that...he and his wife did the best they could and i appreciate there effort to make it a success, allthough the WEATHER didnt cooperate, that is no fault of theirs. NO alot of us didnt wheel at all and that isnt anyones fault, things cant allways go perfect......that will not deter me from going again next year, so what if it didnt go as planned, it still was nice to hangout with fellow XJrs....just my .02

in defence of kurt, rom 2010 sucked for him to. broke on the way there and was frustrated bout that...he and his wife did the best they could and i appreciate there effort to make it a success, allthough the WEATHER didnt cooperate, that is no fault of theirs. NO alot of us didnt wheel at all and that isnt anyones fault, things cant allways go perfect......that will not deter me from going again next year, so what if it didnt go as planned, it still was nice to hangout with fellow XJrs....just my .02
i do agree about the weather BUT the weather had nothing to do with the unorganized way it was run . as far as next year i will have to see who is running it than i will make up my mind. but the people that i met while i was there that was a lot of fun and all of them were great people

OK, I guess none of you guys remember that ROM I didn't even get to wheel at all. You wanna complain about standing in the rain.... I guess you don't remember me staning in the pouring, freezing rain handing out prizes while everyone was standing under those tents by a fire. Remeber that now? Yes, we were in the camper trying to figure out what to do. Rene, I remember you throwing a fit and saying the samething out there at Barnwell but you were not there when we asked everyone else what they wanted to do. We even asked if everyone wanted to go into town and go to a restaurant to do the raffle or stay there. The people that WERE at the camp fire said they wanted to stay there and do the raffle there. When you heard that, you "acted" like that was fine with you.

Also, do you not remember me having to go back out to Barnwell, in the freezing snow, and work on my XJ some more JUST so I could get home? Even after I spent weeks trying to get it ready and doing repairs on the way out there. You think ROM sucked for all of you, what about me and my family? It's was supposed to be my little dude's first wheeling trip. So on that note, save the pitty party for another forum.

Not all of us can wheel all the time. To me there is NO good wheeling spots within 100 miles of my house. Yes there are little mud holes that say they are OR parks but to me they are a waste of time, money and fuel to get out there. Then there is real life issues that come up. Like I can not go this weekend because my plant will be in the middle of moving locations and I have to be up and crushing by noon on Monday. I guess people dont think work, family and other things come before wheeling.

Second, this chapter is TOO BIG to please everyone. I guess you forum users dont understand that. Meet and greets don't really work to well. I used to hold M-n-G's at my house all the time. Most of the time same it was people that showed up. No new faces hardly ever made the trip even if they lived localy. I have had people drive for hours to come to my house in the past for M-n-Gs. When is the last time a forum user tried to hold a M-n-G on here? Been a while huh? I also post up a meet and greet in xjtalk, no one from there showed at my house either, well Reene did, but no one else. So I really think that is another mute point there.

As for the user / member issue, all I have to say is atleast by being members we are giving back to the sport we love so much. By being a member you support many org's that try their hardest to keep trails open for us to use. And most of the people that ARE members on here do not trash where they wheel at and leave the place better than the way they found it.... Not many other OR forums even try and help out like NAXJA does.

Next time someone wants to chime in and they think they know how to do things... think before you type.

If you USERS see an issue with things in this chapter and can do better.... man up, pay your membership and run for office yourself. Then you will see and feel what it is like to try and run the biggest chapter in NAXJA in your spare time without getting anything in return but whinning and crying like this. You all dont see half the hell that any of us BoDs have to go thru... this chapter, another chapter or even on a National level.

Yes, I agree that some of what I have typed here may not be fitting coming from the President of the RRC but my term is almost over and I have spent the last 2 years trying my hardest to get this chapter going for some lonely little forum users to come on here and bash the chapter, it's members and it's BoD. Atleast I kept the discussion here and didn't go to xjtalk and bash the people over there. Like I stated above... you wanna change it, then pay up and run for office.

Last edited:
i do agree about the weather BUT the weather had nothing to do with the unorganized way it was run . as far as next year i will have to see who is running it than i will make up my mind. but the people that i met while i was there that was a lot of fun and all of them were great people

It was unorganized partly due to the fact that: one, no one wanted to go by the agenda and two THE WEATHER!!!!! Can you not see that things were going well til the weather went bad? Well except for the grill running out of propane to cook breakfast Sat morning.

During breakfast, I kept trying to get the RTI event going, no one went until I went first. Then the rain came, we had to change to course of ChiaSpeed 2 or 3 times just so YOU ALL would be safe and have fun at the same time.... things went down hill from there. So yes, it was unoraginzed AFTER the rain and cold came... then the snow hit. Hell most of you guys were nice and warm on your way home while I was in the snow with Justin and Justin trying to get my brakes working.

One more thing about ROM... x2elite and I paid for that whole thing out of pocket... OUR POCKETS. Shirts, concessions, stickers, holding an event at Barnwell, everything was out of our pockets. You all have no idea what all went into this.... so if things didn't not go smoothly enough for some of you, you give it a try and see how well your event turns out. We tried and YES we faild, thats why I left this Fall Run open to ideas and I see how much got done along with all the complaining about this park and that park, dates.... it's not easy.

Last edited:
Oh and one more thing.... x2elite and I worked our butts off so that we would have a great raffle this past ROM. NONE of you understand what we had to go thru to get those prizes for you guys to try and win. And I doubt any BoD after us will try as hard as we did. Trust me I know.... I annoyed the hell out of Nationals the whole time.

I put up with alot of BS before, during and for a long time afterwards ROM. But I did not even get one "thanks for trying" or "thanks for the hard work", but that was to be expected when volunteering to run a chapter.

And I think before you type something like" some lonely little forum users " you should know who your talking about. I'd be happy to see if you back up the shit you talk, I know me and Rene will. You know where we will be sat. morning.

Back