• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

American made clothing

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used UnionLabel to buy american made clothing and other stuff?

I ordered a leather work belt to replace my 15+ year old dickies belt that finally broke. The one from union label seems thicker and a nicer leather, I like the dickies buckle a little more though. I couldn't find anyone that sold the dickies belt locally anymore, they are all thin leather now.

I also grabbed some of their prison made jeans and they are awesome, they are the heaviest feeling jeans I've seen in a long time. All the stitching and tooling are perfect and seem like they will last forever.

Unionlabel shipped everything free(buy more than like 95 bucks and get free shipping) and I got it within a few days.

Seems about right. My dad's in the Carpenters Union and he's always felt like being in the Union is like being in a work release program.

I'm trying to reconcile in my mind "unionlabel" and "prison made" :scared:

Their reasoning for the prison made jeans are that hardly anyone in the US makes jeans anymore, so they are not taking existing american jobs by using prisoners. They use american grown and woven fabric and the prisoners sew them. The money goes to family of the victims or child support, the prisoners get a very small percentage.

Back