• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AM radio in an office?

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of / use a particular AM(fm also) radio that works well surrounded by computers? I've been reading up and it seems getting AM reception surrounded by computers is a real hassle.

My mother loves her AM talk and I bought her a nice Sangean(PR-D7) radio that she says works fine at home but not so much in the office, reception is there but static. I've had some people suggest an auxiliary antenna and then others say that won't help but certain radios are much better tuning AM.

Sort of a personal mission now to get my moms the best AM reception to show off to all the other offices talk fans :geek: .

iHeart radio is a Web radio app that will give you lots of station options, static-free. Not sure if her cell phone data plan will support this, or perhaps it is allowed through her office Internet connection?

iHeart radio is a Web radio app that will give you lots of station options, static-free. Not sure if her cell phone data plan will support this, or perhaps it is allowed through her office Internet connection?

That is a possibility, I added Sirius to my cell phone after using it for a few months in my 200 as well as downloaded the apps for a couple Chicago area rock stations I like to listen to in the Jeep.

Iheart is a great app that I use for the am radio station that I like to listen to. Works on the computer and on the cell really well.

mac '700 WLW' gyvr

Yea I don't want to get involved with online radio or sirius, I want to keep it a table top radio. I love sirius myself and can't be bothered with AM/FM.

Try the RCA "Super Radio" Radio Shack sells a version of the same thing. Best radio I have ever used for AM reception.

I was looking at those actually. I was reading the new currently produced models are real junk though that they do not have the reception of the old models.

Re: Re: AM radio in an office?

I was looking at those actually. I was reading the new currently produced models are real junk though that they do not have the reception of the old models.

Too bad they cheapend them up. I listened to a UW Badgers football game on a local Madison station while I was in Canada on one. It was a 5, 000 watt local AM not a 50, 000 watt powerhouse.

Back