• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aluminum Driveshaft??

I gave my buddy the length of the section to be cut out and he was going to do it for me on his cold saw. Well he cut it, but he cut it 1.25" short!!!! I thought I gave him the correct length, he must have had a few to many cold ones before I talked to him. I'm gonna go junkard scavenging and see if I can find another to try. I'll cut it myself this time!

That sucks man.

I dont know about aluminum but I have a buddy that makes Titanium Drive Shafts for the local dirt track racers.

I am going to have him make me a few of those to the exact specs that I want.

Those should put Tom woods to shame in regards to strength, And they will probably end up costing less than His.

:greensmok

How much do titanium driveshafts cost? How about selling them? A lot of people need new driveshafts for slip yoke elimination

Got this price from a sprint car catalog

30-inch Drive Shaft • DMI-SRC-2480...............................$770.00
http://www.brmotorsports.com/

Holy **** Batman!! Thats almost 4 times what Im paying!

I was quoted about $200 for each. But I have connections in the racing world from my participation with some of the race cars pit crews.

Oh and he only makes a couple every year as he doesnt have a ton of titanium in his shop and he is an older gentleman.

I should also mention that Im building a WE-ROCK, XRRA, KOH rig

Last edited:
At that price I would get some axle shafts made out of it.I paid 160 for each of my stock rockwell shafts... sprint drive shafts are closer to axle shafts anyway :)

At that price I would get some axle shafts made out of it.I paid 160 for each of my stock rockwell shafts... sprint drive shafts are closer to axle shafts anyway :)

I might have a chat with him about it. I am kind of Impressed with Ten Factory's stuff from what I have seen though.

That sucks man.

I dont know about aluminum but I have a buddy that makes Titanium Drive Shafts for the local dirt track racers.

I am going to have him make me a few of those to the exact specs that I want.

Those should put Tom woods to shame in regards to strength, And they will probably end up costing less than His.

:greensmok
Now weve got 2 winners,sounds like XJ GUY is back in town!
BTW,we want pics!

Back