• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternator relocation

throw this piece away....see the mechanical fan mounts to this
1019111524.jpg

and then relocate the alt to here...i cant tell u how many times ive filled my alt up with crud and it quit working till i power washed it out
1019111512-1.jpg

then enjoy one of these....prosit!
CIMG1161.jpg

I am looking at it from my running a 160 amp alt and I want ALOT of contact with the belt. I just realized that the top pulley just to the alt's right goes OVER the belt, not under.
Never mind my previous post.
Should be good.

Price: = Profit + Hours to fab. + Type of steel used(?) I am interested in upgrading alt. amps., therefore require a top side mounted unit on my '89 4.0 RENIX, (non-air conditioned base model), so I am in need to obtain a relocation bracket! Please PM me with what you think such a mod. piece/price would be fair. Thanks ahead.

on the renix, you can do this in less than an hour, without home depot trips for the new bolts. The only fab required is a peice of 1/4 or 3/16 flat plate, with two holes drilled in a straight line about an inch an a half apart. then clearance the peice to clear the alt, and your good. the blue bracket in my pics is the oem alt bracket from down below. you can even keep your mechanical fan.... no need to ditch the entire bracket, or hunt down a yj bracket... this has been covered over and over, search for more details.

i like the idea... cant wait to see some pics of what ur fabbin up... been researchin how to make a 2005-06 4.0 set up work on my 98 (if possible without having to swap block/head, etc.)

"old" set-up
oldroute.jpg

05-06 set-up
newroute.jpg

Back