• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Who Oppose Tranny Flush...Say "I"

For anyone using the drain bolt, I read here a long time ago about putting a funnel under the drain to help guide the fluid into a container. Other wise, the way the drain hole is positioned it pours fluid right onto the cross member causing a mess.

For anyone using the drain bolt, I read here a long time ago about putting a funnel under the drain to help guide the fluid into a container. Other wise, the way the drain hole is positioned it pours fluid right onto the cross member causing a mess.

Never experienced that. Good idea to replace the drain plug washer each time to avoid a drip.

Because I also run a Ford Explorer tranny cooler and its easier to just open that existing splice, put the tube in a bucket, and pump it out. The tranny quick disco is another viable method.

Having a tranny cooler made my tranny "flush" fast and easy, replacing it all two quarts at at time. I don't have the patience or memory to drain two quarts every 1000 miles. You'll want to replace the filter as well.

Never experienced that. Good idea to replace the drain plug washer each time to avoid a drip.

Hmm, I certainly did, not when you first open the drain bolt more like when it's just half pouring out does it hit the cross member, for me at least. Good call on the washer too and the pan is easy to strip so don't muscle the drain bolt back in.

Hmm, I certainly did, not when you first open the drain bolt more like when it's just half pouring out does it hit the cross member, for me at least. Good call on the washer too and the pan is easy to strip so don't muscle the drain bolt back in.

Correct on overtightening the bolt. You just crush the new washer and you're fine.

Back