• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All this talk about inclined oil pressure has me thinkin'

Sean, in the Warrior I have an electronic preoiler made by Mallory. It can be set up to run manually or automatically, you can put the pickup for it anywhere on the pan you wish. When in auto mode it circulates oil in your engine before the engine starts and can be set to circulate oil after shut down for cool down period in turbo vehicles and at times of low oil pressure.

By the way I have seen several serious off roaders and rock crawler with accumulators.......anyway they might not be cheap but they cost less than a new engine ;)

XJguy

How about a pair of electric pumps...plumb a check valve to each and hook up in parallel to the existing oiling system...they could be activated by a pair of tilt sensors...Use one pump from the front of the pan if you are nose down, the other in the rear if you are nose up...this would add very little to the oil volume. I figure if it supplies at least some oil it would be better than slowly toasting your motor.

I like the baffle idea. I'd take my pan off, put 6 qts of water in it, and start tipping the pan at different angles. Mock up a pick up tube, and figure out the best place to put the tube, and where to add the baffle(s). I have to agree on moving the pickup more rearward. Sure on extreme downhills, you may starve the engine of oil, but you are not under load. I've seen engines run hours at idle, no load, with no oil in them.

Moroso sells pan kits with swinging trap doors and other fun stuff. That, or an accumulator or several would be the way to go IMHO

I just put rod bearings in every six months.

If somebody figures this one out let me know. Iam on my 3rd engine (4.0L), pretty much go through one a year. Like they say gotta pay to play right :p

Back